💌 12 - kisses

"Alright... just give it to her then leave." Jungwon said to himself.

He found himself power walking through the hallways, sliding in between people and walking around slow walkers.

He knew he had promised to meet with Sunoo later, so he figured it'd be best to quickly finish this favour as fast as he can.

He makes his way towards an exit door.

'She usually leaves around here...' He thought.

As he heads outside, he scans the surround area, seeing if he can spot her walking home.

Luckily, he found Wonyoung standing around the exit gates, looking almost as if she was waiting for someone.

He smiles and sighs in relief once he saw her.

He begins to walk in her direction, he waves his hand as he calls her name. "Wonyoung!"

Wonyoung turns her head to his direction.

She smiles as she greets back. "Hi!"

He came to a halt as he reaches a close distance to her.

Jungwon swiftly takes the letter out of his pocket, handing it to her.

"This is for you, Heeseung told—"

"I've been waiting for you, Jungwon!" Wonyoung cuts him off.

Jungwon furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm sorry?"

"I was waiting for you to come out..."

"Waiting? For me?" Jungwon points at himself.

Wonyoung shakes her head, smiling ever so brightly.

"Oh.. uh, did Heeseung already told you I was looking for you?"

"Yes! And I'm glad you found me!" She giggles.

"Oh okay, well then here's the money." He hands it over.

Wonyoung shakes her head. "I don't care about the money, silly. I just want to get something off my chest."

Jungwon's confusion grows, he tilts his head as he couldn't understand what she was trying to say.

"Get something off your chest? Okay... so there's something you want to tell me?" He says, trying to make sense of her words.

"Yes. I want to let you know that I..."

She pauses herself as she stares at the ground. The bright bubbly expression on her face suddenly turns into a shy one.

Jungwon awkwardly stares to the side as he sees her struggle with coming up with the words to say.

"If... it's something personal... you don't need to—"

"I like you! Can you be my boyfriend?!" She randomly blurts out.

Jungwon is taken aback, now staring widely at the flustered girl, as he himself becomes flustered as well.

There was a moment of silence before Jungwon decides to speak up.

"Like... me? You like me?" Jungwon asks to reassure.

Wonyoung nods, biting her lip. She tucks some strands of hair behind her ear, looking at him with doe eyes.

"I see..." Jungwon sighs.

"Uh... listen Wonyoung... I am already..." He stops himself before finishing his sentence.

He bits his lip as he begins to fiddle with his fingers.

Wonyoung finally found the courage to look at the boy as she puts her hands on his shoulders.

"I've liked you for so long... I... I wasn't planning on confessing, I told myself I would be fine with just watching you from afar..." Wonyoung looks up at him with pleading eyes.

"W-Wonyoung... I..."

"But now... I don't think I can do that anymore! I like you too much to let you fall in love with someone else." She finally lets out the final words she's been wanting Jungwon to hear for the longest time.

Suddenly, Wonyoung decided to muster up all the courage she's had in her bones to pull Jungwon by collar, smashing their lips together.

Jungwon was stunned, he stays still as he tries processing what was happening.

But the intimate moment was then interrupted by a strong force of a pair of hands, aggressively pushing the two away from each other, breaking off their kiss.

"What the hell is going on here?!"

Jungwon looks ahead as he sees who it was.

"Sunoo?!"