💌 22 - voice

"Do I look good? Who am I kidding? Of course, I look good!" Jungwon stands in front of his mirror, he faces himself as he fixes the strands in his hair.

Today marks the tenth of April.
Jungwon is getting ready for the showcase.

He looks rather handsome for the event.
He's also excited about Sunoo's performance.

He pulls out his phone, he turns it on to admire his phone wallpaper.

📸

~

I get to hear that sweet voice of his again.
He thought.

Indeed it has been a while since Sunoo sang for Jungwon, he remembers the time they went out on a picnic date, under the tree.

Sunoo played with Jungwon's bangs as the boy was laid on his lap. The smell of plants was ever so musky, the scent powdery in the summer, as they were under the summer shade.

Sunoo loved the habit of Jungwon tracing his face, he found it the cutest thing about his black cat (ex)boyfriend.

"So pretty."
Jungwon said. He continues to trace Sunoo's face, squishing his cheeks, caressing his ears, how he wanted to nibble on them.

"Stop," Sunoo says, his face flushed from Jungwon's never-ending compliments.

"But it's true. You're so, so pretty."

Sunoo smiles. "Thank you, Jungwon... I̵̿̈́̄̅̑͜͝͝͝ ̶̙̫̘͈̊̾́̾͌͐ļ̷͔̮̲͈̊͗̓̅͒̌ǫ̵̛͈̫̹̖̘͓͇̤̐̈́͌̕ṽ̷̘͂͋͋̐̎̍͒̀̾e̶̝̼͔͍̥̜̾̉̑̅ ̷̧͍͈͚̊̇̔͒̿̾̕͘͘͜ͅỹ̴̨̟̆o̷̧̘̺͉̝͖̥͒̽̀͛̕ů̶̧̟̠̟̈̉̑͌̍̿͝"

...

How long has it been? Since they've broken up? Two months? Maybe even a little more?

Does it matter?
Jungwon doesn't mind waiting another whole two months if he has to.

What does matter is to know that Sunoo belongs to him, and he belongs to Sunoo.

"Ah, shit! It's almost time!" Jungwon checks his watch for the time. He nearly freaks out as the time reads 8:15.

Even though Sunoo was the last performer to go on stage, Jungwon wanted to make sure he had a clear view of his face.

Quickly, he leaves his house. He enters his and starts it up. He sits there for a moment with his eyes closed.

He hears his heart beating as he imagines Sunoo's singing. Jungwon likes to compare his voice to a soothing waterfall. It never fails to keep Jungwon in a calm state. Oh, how he wishes he had recorded his voice before. A voice that's one of a kind, a voice so heavenly, a voice so...

"Pretty, so so pretty."
Jungwon says before driving away.