💌 20 - temper

Let me remain positive.
I'm being positive.
This is me being positive.
Jungwon thought, watching as Sunoo and Jay enter the classroom together, giggling... laughing.

That's supposed to be ME!
Jungwon furrows his eyebrows. He grips his pen hard. Peacefully, he was writing down notes before the lecture until he was rudely interrupted by the mere sight of PDA.

He watches as Jay fixes a strand of Sunoo's hair, moving it away from his face.

He watches as Sunoo cheeks turn a vibrant red.
He watches as Jay smiles at him, probably thinking how cute Sunoo looks when he's flustered.

He was so deep in thought that he didn't realize that the pencil he was holding ever so tightly has snapped in half.

The cracking noise of the pencil was enough to make Jungwon snap out of it. He reaches in his bag to get another one.

He groans in disgust. Just the sight of this Jay guy leaves Jungwon nauseated.

Who does he think he is anyway? It's not like he's Sunoo's boyfriend, let alone his closest friend. There's no need for this bastard to be handsy with him! Jungwon thought.

I swear... if he even thinks about asking him out... Jungwon shakes his head. This Jay person is really his patience. It's only been a couple of days and Jungwon already wants to punch him out of anger. He's always had a short temper.

Jungwon grows more and more irritated by the sight of Sunoo being clingy with someone that wasn't him.

Is this jealousy? He now understands it is.
Is he being possessive? One hundred percent.
Is he willing to let Sunoo be happy? Of course!
Happy with someone else? Hah, you're crazy.

Thankfully, he was able to convince the teacher to switch seats with another student before today's class. Now he sits right behind them. Although Sunoo does notice this change, he didn't think much of it. He's grown to be more... calm and collected near Jungwon.

This is fine, right? Jungwon thought.
It's not like I'm approaching him. I'm giving him the space he needs so he can talk to me again. But that doesn't give right for this 'Jay' guy to talk to him. Only I can talk to him!

Jungwon slaps himself, realizing that he's talking to himself and that people might look at him weirdly.

"Hey so... I overheard you earlier talking to Jake about performing at the talent show?" Jay says.

Sunoo nods his head. "I am, will you... be there?"

Jay smiles. "Of course I'll be there. Always!"
He ruffles his hair again, it seems to be a habit now.

Jungwon's eye twitches. Keep your hands off Sunoo, you fucker.

"Are you feeling ready, though? Isn't the showcase in 3 days?" Jay asks.

Sunoo nods. "I've been practicing during my little school break. I've never been more ready."

Jay chuckles. "Of course. Why would I ever doubt you? You've got such a nice voice, I'm sure the audience will adore you."

Sunoo giggles. "As long as you're there cheering me on, there's nothing I can't do."

SLAM!

Jungwon stands up from his chair, bumping it with the desk behind him.

The teacher was quick to notice the noise. He turns his head to face the boy. "Is there something wrong, Jungwon?"

Jungwon's face was boiling red. "I...I need to use the washroom."

The teacher furrows his eyebrows firmly. "Alright... but please try not to make a scene next time? You've distracted all your classmates from their studies."

Jungwon nods and bows for forgiveness. "Yes, I'm sorry sir..."

The teacher tilts his head towards the door. "Go on, then."

Jungwon walks out the doorway.

Of course I'll be there... always!

In the hallways, he could only hear the voices of Sunoo and Jay, talking, laughing in his mind. He feels as if he's disorienting. He walks down as his vision becomes blurry and he begins to hear a mixture of joyful laughter and white noise surrounding his ears.

you've got such a nice voice...

He holds his head for balance, finally he enters the washroom, turning on the sink so that the aggressive sounds of water coming out of the faucet drowns out the noise in his head.

Their voices play in Jungwon's head like a repeating tape.

He grits his teeth and grips the ledge of the sink. He washes his face with cold water, in hopes of snapping him out of the trance he's trapped in but nothing was working. He looks up to himself in the mirror.

why would i ever doubt you?...

Shut up...

as long as you're there cheering me on...

Shut up...

there's nothing i cant do..

"SHUT UP!"

SMASH!

Blood. There was blood.

It was the first thing that Jungwon saw after he shattered the mirror. He drops to the floor, the glass shards surrounds him, his knuckles bloodied.

"Mine, he's all mine."