💌 7 - comfort

"You're going to preform at the talent showcase?"

Sunoo nods his head. "Yep! I think it's the next step in becoming an amazing singer! It's just that..."

Jungwon tilts his head. "What's wrong?"

"...I get stage fright a lot. I feel so anxious in front of a big audience. I always feel like running away once all eyes are on me..."

Sunoo lowers his head.

Second thoughts started to cloud his head.

"What if they don't like my singing? What if I screw up the lyrics? What if my voice cracks?! What if— "

He continues to blabber the possible outcomes that could come out once he starts performing, that was until  Jungwon raises Sunoo's chin.

"Sunoo, you've got an amazing voice. I doubt anyone would think that and don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

One thing about Sunoo is that despite his incredibly bubbly personality and friendly demeanour, he struggles with anxiety and constantly overthinks about what other people thought, especially when it's about him.

He never liked being centre of attention, which was ironic because his whole dream is to become a singer, to express himself through his voice. But it's more in a way where he wants to be heard where he won't humiliate himself doing it.

He's been through bullying before, and he prays everyday he doesn't go through it again.

It would be a shame to imagine what would Sunoo feel once he figures out why Jungwon agreed to be his boyfriend in the first place.

"I believe in you, Sunoo. You can conquer your stage fright and become a singer, and better yet... I'm here for you, you aren't alone Sunoo."

Sunoo smiles, he feels the warmth of Jungwon's palm cupping his cheek, enjoying the sensation.

"Thank you, Jungwon."

"I'll be here to protect you, Sunoo."