💌 24 - preperation

I keep forgetting how big the auditorium is.
With the lights off, it reminds me of an ocean in the night.

Like a void, there was nothing.

But behind the pitch black darkness will soon be filled with eyes, dozen of eyes.

Those eyes that'll watch me.
Will they like me?
Do I have what it takes?
What if I-

"Hey."

Sunoo flinches when he feels a hand rest on his shoulder. "Jesus, Jay you scared me."

Jay smiles cheekily. "Ah sorry! You were standing so quietly, I wanted to ask what's up."

Sunoo turns his body to face him.

Jay raises an eyebrow. "So?... what were you thinking about?"

Sunoo bites his lip. "It's nothing."

Jay tilts his head. "You sure?"

Sunoo nods his head with a smile.

"Yeah, don't worry... maybe I am just a little nervous but that's all." He chuckles.

"Alright, whatever you say Sunoo."
Jay holds onto Sunoo's shoulders. "But you know I'm here for you. And so is Jake."

"Speaking of Jake, where is he?" Sunoo asks.

"IM HEREEEEEE!!!" Slam, the auditorium door slams open, letting in the rays of white light into the room.

"Right there." Jay points at the Aussie.

"And I brought Layla!" Jake cheekily smiles before lifting Layla, he holds her paw and motions her hand to wave.

"Ah, you can be on time after all," Jay says.

The two boys watch Jake approach them with his fluffy companion on the stage.

Jake rolls his eyes. "Shut it! It was Layla's wash day today."

Jay shakes his head smiling.

"Hello, Layla!~"
Sunoo coos at her cuteness. It's been a while since he has seen Jake's dog, oh how he missed her.

"Who's a good girl?~"
He vigorously pets and plays with her curls while Layla licks his face.

"She's a lot more active today." Sunoo comments.

"When is she not?" Jay adds on.

"True," Sunoo replies while Layla continuously licks his face, she wags her tail in excitement.

"Alright enough, you big furball! Let him go!" Jake says, before pulling her away from Sunoo's grasp, she whines as she is taken.

"Why don't you take her to the back, Jake?" Jay suggests.

Jake nods. "Good idea!"
"C'mon, Layla! Let's go backstage, I got some treats~" he coos. Layla barks and woofs, excited for the treats she ran to the back immediately with her owner.

Jay turns his attention to Sunoo. "Well then, we'll leave you alone for a bit so you can practice. Will you be fine?"

Sunoo nods.

Jay smiles. "Okay, Jake and I will be back here if you need anything!"

And just like that, Sunoo was left all alone, shrouded in the dark.

He clears his breath before doing some vocal runs. His voice echoes in the room. He could hear himself loud and clear.

10 minutes pass and he feels he's ready to start.

He takes a moment before he begins singing the intro to the song. His voice sounded soothing, singing every lyric with a delicate, soft tone. He held a melody a siren can produce, a sound that draws you in.

Guess this is what Jungwon meant, a voice that's so..

"Pretty."

A voice emerges from the dark.
Sunoo stops singing, he looks around.

"Who's there?!" He frantically shouts.

No answer.

"Jay? Is that you?" He calls out again.

"No. It's me." Sunoo hears footsteps coming closer and closer. A familiar face reveals himself as he steps into the light.

Sunoo sighs. "What are you doing here, Jungwon?"

Jungwon smiles. " I wanted to be early that's all."

"Well, you're early alright... what do you want?" Sunoo crosses his arms.

Jungwon puts his hands up. "I'm not here to cause any trouble."

Sunoo remains to stand his ground, obviously not convinced.

Jungwon sighs. "I just wanted to wish you good luck."

Sunoo focuses on the boy's face, seeing if there are any tricks behind that expression of his.

However, he seems to be honest about what he is saying. They stood there like statues for a quick moment until Sunoo decided to speak up.

"Thanks."

Jungwon smiles again. "You're welcome, you're going to kill it."

Jungwon begins to walk away, however, he stops mid-way to say one final message. "I'm... sorry about everything, but I'll still be here to cheer you on. I made myself that promise and I'm not breaking it."

Sunoo continued to stand there, he didn't know what to say. He felt his heart begin to beat.

Why do I feel...
Sunoo feels the warmth on his cheeks begins to rise.

He shook his head. No, I don't want to think about him right now.