💌 21 - the day

"Can we get a janitor in the second-floor washroom? Actually- make it two, please. Thank you."

Sunoo tilts his head. "What do they need two janitors for?"

Jay nudges his shoulder. "Someone probably threw up in the stalls again."

Sunoo puffs his cheeks and furrows his eyebrows. "Probably."

"Anyway! Are you excited for the performance? Two more days!~" Jay says joyfully.

"Mhm! It's always been my dream to perform in front of an audience!"

"Glad you can finally experience it. You'll do amazing. I'll be somewhere clear so you can see me!" Jay gives a thumbs up.

Sunoo raises his pinkie finger. "You promise?"

Jay intertwines his pinkie finger with his. "Promise."

They link thumbs and laugh.

...

'So fucking cheesy...' Jungwon groans internally.

He watches as the two laugh together, again.

How many more times must I bear to see these two act so cliché with each other... how can Sunoo fall for his geeky and awkward charms anyway?! It's boring.
Jungwon scoffs.

He doesn't understand what Sunoo sees in him.

Jay is bland. He's basic. He has no layers under that charming persona of his.

What is Jungwon missing?

No.

Jungwon isn't missing anything, he's perfect for Sunoo, at least that's what he thinks.

-

Two days soon later became one day, and then one day became the day of the showcase.

Sunoo was at his foster parents' house, the clock reached 7:30 pm and the show began in an hour.

He was wearing a white suit with a white feather on his collar in the place of a bow tie.

His hair was slicked back, his lips cherry red from his lipstick. He wore accessories, rings, earrings and the necklace his mother gave him when he was young... his biological mother, of course.

She told him if he were to ever be in danger, she would always be there to protect him as long as he was wearing her heart.

He looked at the heart-shaped necklace, smiling.

"Are you happy for me? Mother?" A tear rolled down his face.

"Wish you were here, to cheer me on."
He pecked his necklace, giving a light kiss on the pendant.

"I'll make you proud."

-

RING! RING! RING!

Sunoo reaches into his pocket for his phone. He reads the caller's ID. Ah, it's Jay.

"Hello?"

"Hey! You coming out?"

"Oh, are you already here?"

Sunoo moves towards the front lobby as he looks out the front window. He sees Jay inside his Black Mercedes. Jay turns his head and sees the boy peeking out, he waves and smiles.

"Yep, you ready to go?"

Sunoo smiles back. "Yeah."