💌 25 - curtain call

An hour passes.

The showcase has already started.
Everyone was in their seats, performers stepped on stage one act after another.

Sunoo was feeling confident.
Especially with Jay's affirmations.

He hears the audience clapping, and cheering after the end of someone's dance performance.

What was his name again? Beomgyu? Was it?
Sunoo wasn't familiar with him, but he knew how talented he was.

"Alright give it up for Choi Beomgyu, ladies and gentlemen! That was some top-tier dancing he showed us tonight!"

Sunoo takes a peak out the curtain, he sees the boy bow and wave to the audience before walking off stage.

The talk show host opens another letter to announce the next performer.

"Now for our last performance of the night!" The host announces, the audience aw.

"But not to worry folks, I won't be going anywhere so don't you worry. There will be more showcases in the future!" The audience clapped and cheered.

"Now, ladies and gents, our last performer will be a boy covering the song, Can't Help Falling In Love With You. Oh, how exciting! We get to see some dancing, now a ballad? How pleasant is that?"

The crowd cheers in unison.

"Please welcome, Kim Sunoo!" The audience claps.

"YEAH GO SUNOO!" Jake yells across the theatre.

"Good luck!" Beomgyu said as he walked up to Sunoo.

They exchanged smiles before Sunoo began to approach the stage.

The stage lights follow me as he walks up. He stops at the mic stand as he stares into the darkness.

As expected, no light came from the audience. Silence shrouded the entire theatre.

The host walks towards Sunoo and leans into his ear. "Break a leg, kid."

The host's smile reassures Sunoo.

He closes his eyes as he takes a long inhale.

He opened his mouth and began to sing. Immediately the audience was in awe. Mesmerized by the sound of an angle humming, his soft siren voice puts the audience in a delicate trance.

His voice goes threw the loudspeakers and it can't sound any more clear.

In the crowded seats, were Jay, Jake, and of course Jungwon. All who were enjoying Sunoo's ballad. However Jungwon in particular was enjoying it the most. His eyes never left the boy's face. Sunoo's pale porcelain skin glows with the stage light. Jungwon feels like he fell in love for the first time again. He can't help but keep falling deeper into the rabbit hole. In his pocket was a recorder, he pulled it out and pressed play.

Meanwhile...

"OKAY. This is getting insane!" Sunghoon shrieks as he climbs up the ladder.

"No, it's not! Stop being such a fucking baby!" Heeseung groans.

"Do you see how high we are right now? If we fall we're as good as dead!"

Heeseung rolls his eyes at the other. "We won't if you just keep climbing for fucks sake!"

Sunghoon whines, he isn't scared of heights, the problem is just how unsafe it is to climb a loose ladder with a giant bucket of pig blood.

After a couple of seconds, they made it to the roof of the theatre stage They heard the sound of Sunoo's singing, he was halfway through the song.

"Quick! Get the buckets and place them on the ledge."
Heeseung says.

Sunghoon obeys and he does swiftly. "There."

"Perfect! Now we wait..." Heeseung smirks.

"Wait for what?" Sunghoon asks.

"You'll see, just do what I say."

...

"He's killing it, Jay!" Jake shakes his shoulder.

Jay smiles proudly as he watches Sunoo sing.

"He's a natural, had no doubt in him."

"Oh! I should record this for Ni-ki to see later." Jake pulled out his phone and began recording.

"Who's Ni-ki?" Jay asks.

"My friend! Was planning on introducing him to you and Sunoo later. You'll know him soon!" Jake answers.

"Oh...okay?" Jake scratches his head.

...

The song draws close to the end. Everyone in the room still in a trance from Sunoo's ballad.

The whole performance was going perfect, as Sunoo sang ever so flawlessly.

Jungwon sits there smiling, suddenly he spots movement just around his peripheral vision. The movement come from above.

Curious, his eyes leads him.

He looks up to the top of the theatre stage.
Is that... he thought.

Take... my hand.
Take my whole life too.

What the fuck are they doing?! Jungwon thought. Wide eyed, he witnesses Heeseung and Sunghoon hold onto buckets dangerously over the ledge.

For I... can't help... falling in love with you.

"NOW!"

SPLASH!