💌 19 - jealousy

The next day comes, and Sunoo finally decided to show up to his classes again.

He was walking through the hallways until he was stopped by his homeroom teacher.

"Mr. Kim! Glad to see you in school again."

Sunoo smiles. "Glad to be here, sorry for my absence. There was just a lot on my mind for the past couple days and some personal stuff I had to take care of."

"That's fine, Sunoo. It's not like I'm staying at this school for that much longer anyway."

"What do you mean?" Sunoo tilts his head.

"Oh. You haven't heard yet... I've announced to the class that I'm retiring next week."

Sunoo's eyes widen. "Oh! I'm sorry to hear that, sir."

The teacher chuckles. "Why are you sorry? I've been getting older by the days, Sunoo."

"Besides, it was my decision. Figured it's time to give myself a rest."

Sunoo sighs. "I'm happy for you then, sir. Please take good care of yourself once you leave."

He smiles at the boy. "Thank you, Sunoo. But for now I am still your teacher. So save the farewells for later, alright?"

Sunoo giggles. "Alright!"

Jungwon was eating, sitting at an outdoor table. He recently went to a store to buy some delicious curry and rice and my oh my, was he impressed.

During his lunch, he caught a glimpse of Sunoo sitting underneath a tree, reading a book it looks like.

Jungwon smiles at him dearly.

If Sunoo wants Jungwon to give him space, then that's exactly what Jungwon will do.

However, Jungwon's mood was suddenly ruined due to the appeatance of another boy. 

Jungwon grits his teeth, watching him as he approaches Sunoo, laying with him under the tree in the hot summer air. He recognizes the boy, he has for sure seen him before.

"Him again..."

Jungwon has always been good at recognizing faces.

Although Jungwon was happy that he was able to get off Sunoo's bad side. He wants more, he wants to become his boyfriend again, become someone Sunoo can trust again. Be the only person that Sunoo really needs. And Jungwon was going to achieve that.

That was, until he showed up.

Who is he anyway? Jungwon thought.
What's so special about him? He doesn't look all that amazing...

The way the guy smiles at Sunoo irks something inside Jungwon.

He clenches his fist, accidentally breaking his chopsticks as a result. Seems like he doesn't have the appetite to eat anymore.

Is this... jealousy? What people call it?

Jungwon's anger only continues to rise as the boy became more and more touchy with Sunoo as time goes even putting his arm around him.

I gotta get out of here. I can't stand him any much longer! Jungwon thought.

Jungwon sighs in relief once he finally found a quiet spot he can peacefully eat his food.

Ironically, he found himself his own peaceful tree to lay upon.

He continues to munch deliciously on his bowl until the last bite.

Jungwon takes a deep breath after finishing the last bite of his meal. Satisfied, the boy then stares into the clear blue sky.  

He closes his eyes, letting the wind hit his face as his hair flows, revealing his forehead. 

Daydreaming about the days he spent with Sunoo. All the happy memories he wishes he can create more of. The sound of Sunoo's sweet voice, oh how Jungwon loved it. He feels his heart beating faster by the echo's of those faint sounds he hears in his head. 

His daydreaming was cut abruptly by the school bell, his next period awaits. 

A groan leaves his mouth, he stands up and stretches before walking back to the school.

__

The one thing about school that Jungwon is forever grateful for, is how his schedule overlaps with Sunoo's consdiering that they are almost in every single class together, except for last period. 

Fourth period has just started.

Jungwon, already sat in his seat, patiently waits for Sunoo to enter through the classroom door.

He stares, in hopes the boy would come anytime soon. 

And as expected, comes Sunoo walking inside the class, a book in hand and an apple he's holding with his mouth. 

Ah! He's here! Jungwon thought.

Jungwon was going to wave to him, but he stopped as he watches another boy enters the classroom.

"Ah class, today we have a new student joining us." The teacher says

New student?... Jungwon thought.

"Please, introduce yourself!"

"Hello, everyone. My name is Jay!"