CHAPTER-16

ASHTON'S POV

As Rishika left cafe I kept on staring at her. I can see her through glass waiting for cab talking on phone. She looks visibly tensed gone the calm girl who was talking to us. I can see her fisting her hand and jaw clenched I wonder who see is she talking to. I don't know why I feel like from the moment we have met that she is upto something.  She receives random calls and with each call her demor changes.

Someone snapped finger infront of my eyes gaining my attention.  I glared at Kris. He burst into laugh our friends joining him.
"Ash you admit it or not you are totally whipped man" Joe said in between laugh.

This is what they have been doing since the time I came to college.  The haven't stopped teasing me.

This morning as I entered our home as quietly as possible but I get startled by my friends who were sitting on the couch with smug look on their face.
Me, Kris and Xander lives together in our shared home. Our home is mediocre in size. Just perfect to fit us all well. We have 4 rooms here. One for each and one us a guest room. It's a two storey home just 3 km away from campus. Hockey house is just 10 house away from us. Making it more convient for   us. Joe lives in an apartment alone which his parents gifted him when he got admission here. Sam lives in dorm but she basically lives in Joe's apartment only. But seeing them all together special after today morning is going really bad for me.

I tried walking past them trying to save myself from all teasing resting on the tip of their tongue.
"Joe baby did you sent our dear Ash the lovely photo we clicked today"  I heard sam . Shit I am in deep shit

"No I haven't.  But I was thinking of sending it to aunty and Ashley they would be more delighted to see it" Joe said . I immediately turn around and throw a cushion at him.

"You won't dare" I said glaring at both of them.
"How do you know which photo we were talking about?" Kris asked
Shit this day couldn't get anymore worst.
"I am not dumb to not know what you people are talking about" I said trying the bluff

"And what is it ?" Xander questioned wiggling his eyebrows
I glare at him
"Let me guess" Kris said pretending to be in deep thoughts.
"Maybe something related to a person who's last name is Rajvansh" Sam said suggestively
"Is it who I am thinking about?" Kris said clapping his hands together

"Okay so on the count of "
1....2...3
"RISHIKA " they all shouted together and started laughing like mad assholes they are.

"Haven't you all had enough " I said gritting my teeth
They all shake their head smiling like idiots
How I am even friends with such assholes.
The only reason behind them not teasing me infront of Rishika was because they made me grant them one wish each.

It was Sam's wish for me to agree for this 'unofficial date' . I don't know how I am going to survive before completing these wishes of them.

"Okay guys now it time for my wish" Joe said gaining everyone's attention. He looks in my direction and keeps his hand on my shoulder.
"Look ash I am not asking for you to be all golden retriever but just try to be a little cooperative" he said looking at me. What does he means by cooperative I look at him questioningly.

"What he means is Ash instead of glaring and those one line answers try relaxing tomorrow " Sam said
"Look Ash you admit or not you do like her. So try being nice to her tomorrow " Xander said
"And also try initiating conversation . I am sure you will like her company " Kris said
And for the first time since morning they all don't have teasing smiles on their face instead they are all smiling genuinely.

Not knowing what to say I just said what first to my mind"you all remember right it's not a date" I said regretting it the next moment
"Then treat it like one" Sam said putting her head on Joe's shoulder.

I look at her trying to figure what's going on in their heads.
"Okay guys I have to go for cheer practice I will leave now" Sam said lifting her head up she stands up.
"Do you want me to drop you?" Joe asked standing up himself
"No baby you don't have to" Sam said kissing his cheek
"Yeah Joe. Me and xan are also going with her. Coach called us for counseling so we can all go together" Kris said standing up himself . Xander following his suit nodding.

After graduation Kris and Xander are opting for professional hockey where as me and Joe we are both still in delimma about what to do.

"Okay take care"Joe said pecking Sam and then turns towards Kris and xander "You two all the best" Joe said hugging both of them
Not being a big fan of skinship I showed thumps to both of them and nod at Sam.

"Ash I am going to my apartment do you mind dropping me. I want to give my car for service" Joe asked
I shake my head
"Okay " Joe said
We all exited the cafe together.
After bidding the three going back to campus bye.

Me and Joe went to car wash garage to drop Joe's car there.
We both sat in my car when Joe said instead of going his apartment he would like to come to our home.
Nodding my head I start my car. During whole ride home we talked about hockey match that we have in few days .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We both have reached home an hour ago and are watching our old hockey match. While watching match I noticed someone in ice arena sitting alone in black cloths with a cap and mask covering the whole face. I found that figure somewhat familiar but I wasn't able to pinpoint who that person might be.

My mind went towards Rishika as she always has her laptop with her same to that person but no it can't be her. Since the time we have met her she never once attended any match as she is always somehow busy.

" what are you looking at with so much focus?" I heard Joe . I turn towards him and shake my head in no. And lean my back against couch.

I felt my phone vibrate I took it out and see notification of message from Her.
I open it
Tomorrow at 10am I will meet you infront of the measum only.
The text said.

I can feel joe looking curiously at me. I put my phone on the coffee table.
"Was it Rishika?" Joe asked
I nod my head.
"What did she said?" He questioned
"She will meet me tomorrow at the measum itself" I answered sipping beer.

"That's great. So finally it's happening " Joe said
I look at him confusingly.
"Your first date Ash " Joe said in duh tone
" it's not a date" I said glaring at him
"Okay not a date. But still it's your first 'unofficial date' we are all so excited for it" Joe said
I look at him with amusment
"Why are you all excited?" I asked

" For starter you are going out with a girl for the first time" he said
"We have gonna out before as well with you all" I said
"Without us. Let me complete will you?" He said
I nod my head asking him to continue.
" who knows it might be starting for something beautiful " he said sipping beer

"Beautiful?" I asked
"Yeah something beautiful and unique just like me and sam" he said
I look at him with so done expressions
"You never know Ash. She might be your future girlfriend or better future wife" he said putting his hand on my shoulder
I jerk his hand and glare at him.

"What? Look ash one person can be wrong not four. And we all can feel it " he said looking determined
"Feel what?" I asked pinching the bridge of my nose.
"The spark between you two" he answered casually.  His answer makes my head snap in his direction.

The main door banged open with a over happy Kris and a smiling Xander.