CHAPTER-19

RISHIKA'S POV

After eating when I was about to pay the bill when Ashton stopped me. He snatched the bill from my hand and put his card in it.
"We came for my work I should be the one panning isn't it" I said keeping my card over his.
"I insist " he said his hand over mine .
"Okay good for me" I said awkwardly pulling my hand out of his. It's not that I was uncomfortable the problem are the amount of butterflies I am getting today.

He nods his head and calls for waiter to take the bill.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought after eating he might stop being this persistent over explaining this painting to me but how wrong I was.  Understanding this is harder then understanding Mrs Emerson's demand. I even thought of forging the I understood but I would feel guilty for doing that to him.

I shivered a little as I felt cold. Ashton noticed that and asked what happened I told him that it's because of AC . After 10 minutes he left saying he needs to use the washroom leaving with this painting.

I was staring deeply at it.
"This painting is about loneliness" I heard a voice behind me I look beside me to see an Koren elder man standing there looking at the painting.

"This is one of the masterpiece I made during my college time. It was one of the hardest face in my life. I had to face lots of demon some inside my own self and some outside the world. This painting describes how lonely one can be even if they are standing in a crowd. Loneliness is not just an emotion it's something much more then what a human can ever explain" he explained .
"This is your's?" I asked
He nods smiling at me
"What are your opinions on Loneliness?" He asked looking in my eyes. I felt like he can read my soul just by it.

"Loneliness. Loneliness is something I am also familiar with. I agree their are people who feel lonely even after being in a crowd. But you know what type of Loneliness is more scary? When the person you have made many memories with is suddenly snatched from you and you are left with nothing just their memories " I said turning my eyes again on the painting.

I saw him nod smiling at me from the corner of my eye.
"It was nice talking to you Ms..." he asked taking his hand out for shake
I turn towards him
"Ms Rajvansh and " I said shaking hands
He turns and starts moving away
"And you are?" I asked
He looks back at me smiling again
"Mr Park" he said following my way of not telling my full name.
He bows his head and I bowed back out of respect. I look at his retreating figure.

"Ms Rajvansh I have been looking for you all around here you are" I heard Mrs Emerson .
I turn towards her with a smile.
"Mrs Emerson we went for lunch that's when you must looked for me" I said
"Ohh. So tell me for how long you two have been together" she asked suggestively
"There must be some misunderstanding we two aren't dating we just came here together . That's what he meant" I said

"That's good then. I was for once worried about you. You know" She said heaving a dramatic sign
"And why is that?" I asked narrowing my eyes on her
"People like Ashton aren't the brightest color in a crayon box you know. Guys like him are just meant to fuck and leave. I mean he does looks good and all but his attitude sucks" she said rolling her eyes

I take a deep breath trying to control myself.
"I mean I know he is my cousin but I a lady should always be honest with other lady right. If you want to date let me know I have this friend who lives in England and I must say such a gentleman he is" she continued
"By the way Ms Rajvansh have you fucked him yet or are you planning to do so tonight. Do let me know how he is? I might recommend him to some of my fri-"
And this was my last stew I cut her off

" Mrs Emerson, Ashton might not be the brightest color in the box of crayons as you said but he is like white color. Calm and composite. And as you are an artist you must know without white every painting is nothing. Not every person needs to be all rainbow and sunshine we need balance in life . And I would like to warn you to be careful with how you talk about him from the next time" I said stepping closer to her.

"Ms Rajvansh you do know who you are talking to right?" She questioned stepping back obviously being intimidated.
"I do know and would like you to know that I am leaving this project. I will pay the compensation according to the contract my lawyer will get back to you" I said stepping back . I once again flash her a smile but this time genuine as I am truely happy to finally free myself from headache.

"I would like you to leave soon and also being arrogantis like that is not that good specially when you are nothing" she said walking away.
I sighed.
I went towards the bench that have my bag on it. I was about to lift it up someone snatched it from my hand making me jerk forward because of heel I stumbled forward but a hand on my waist balanced me.

I look up to see Ashton standing in a very close proximity looking deeply in my eyes. And I welcomed butterfly the great back in my stomach. His his grip tighten around my waist, I jerk away from him.

He looked anywhere but me but my eyes where stuck on him. Wondering whether he listened to what his cousin said about him.

"Yeah let's go" I said breaking the awkward silence between us.
He nods his head and gestures for me to walk fast.
He puts his my bag on one shoulder and takes my camera in his hand from other.

I stared at him.
~~~~~~~~~~~

We are standing infront of my car in parking area. The sun is about to set making the sky look a pretty shade of orange. We are both just standing awkwardly making me regret to bring my car here today I should have took cab here or messaged him to come in cab.

"I will take my leave" Ashton said
I nod. Not knowing what to say.
He starts to walk away when an idea strucks me.
I strode behind him in fast steps, forgetting that I was wearing heels because of which I stumbled upon a rock and was about to fall but a hand on my shoulder saved me.

"Why the hell are you running?" He said glaring at me
"Umm actually I had something to say" I said looking anywhere but him
"What?" He asked his hands still on my shoulder
"Lets go together. I will get my car delivered home later" I said still not looking at him.
"Why?" He whispered I felt him stepping closer while his thumb slowly rubs circle on my collarbone.
I look at him surprised by his action.

I see his eyes focused on my left collarbone while he rubs his thumb.
I look down to see what he is staring at.
My tattoo.
The wide lotus tattoo along side my collarbone .

"Nothing I just wanted you to drop me home " I answered straight forward and here goes my idea in waste.
He finally looks up and leaves my shoulder with weird emotions in his eyes that I can't name. He steps back without saying anything and nods his head.