six

It's 3 am and we just left Lloret de Mar. I must drive 6 hours and 28 minutes. So we'll be in Madrid at 9:28 am. My friends fell asleep again, they slept a bit before we entered my car. I slept two hours during the afternoon and I slept an hour before our departure so I'm still a bit sleepy. I drink my hot chocolate and I keep my left hand on the wheel. I love the smell of hot chocolates and coffees. Luca wakes up and he yawns.

"Tout va bien ?" - Luca asks 

"Je suis un peu fatiguée mais ça va et toi ?" - I reply

"Je vais bien, tu veux que je prenne le volant ?"

"Ne t'inquiète pas, ça va aller."

"Si ça ne va pas, tu nous le dis."

"Pas de soucis."

Luca and I keep talking for a while, then he falls asleep again. I try not to fall asleep even if I yawn a lot of times. My neck hurts a bit and I need to go to the restroom/toilets.

                                                                              ~ 

I'm in my hotel room with Jose, Marc's best friend. By the way Marc is in his hotel room with Gemma, his girlfriend. I can't stop thinking about Angelina. I love her Italian accent, she also has a little French accent which is also so cute. I grab my phone and I look at her Instagram account. I look at the pictures she posted. I see one about MotoGP, I look at the photos of the publication and it's photos with MotoGP riders. I smile when a photo appears : it's me and Marc with her. I know it's late but I can't sleep. Jose, Marc and Gemma are sleeping. I get up and I leave the room quietly. I walk a bit in the streets of Madrid. I hope I didn't wake Jose up. He was exhausted when we arrived in Madrid. I can't sleep probably because Angelina arrives soon with her friends. I sigh and I sit on a bench. I want to text her, to know if she's okay. I decide to grab my phone and I text her.

Alex : Hola Angelina ! Everything's alright ?"

I wait for some minutes and then my phone rings. I smile when I see her text. I texted her in English because I know she feels better talking in English, but I'll help her with Spanish and Catalan.

Angelina : Hola Alex ! I'm okay, what about you? You can't sleep?
Alex : I'm a bit tired to be honest and yes I can't sleep. I don't know why I can't.
Angelina : Be careful if you're outside please.
Alex : I will 😉. What about you ? Why can't you sleep ?
Angelina : I'm on my way to Madrid. I stopped in an interstate (motorway) rest area because I needed to pee and I saw your text. I don't use my phone when I drive and I wanted to reply to your text.
Alex : When do you arrive ? Be careful okay? 
Angelina : I will and I arrive at 9:30 am. 
Alex : You booked a hotel room ?
Angelina : I did yes. The name of the hotel is Dear Hotel if I remember well. 
Alex : It's our hotel ! 
Angelina : To be honest, I can't wait to see you again. 
Alex : I can't wait too. Perhaps we'll get to know each other.
Angelina : We will. I'm gonna drive again Alex, I'll text you if I stop again or when I'm arrived 😉.
Alex : Okay, drive safely !
Angelina : 😘

I put my phone in my pocket and I go back to the hotel. I enter my hotel room quietly. I lay on the bed. I fall asleep a few minutes later.

                                                                           ~

I leave the motorway/interstate rest area. Alex texted me and it warmed my heart. When I received his text, I wondered why he texted me at this time and I was a bit worried. I grab my hoodie and I wear it. I feel a bit cold. I can't wait to arrive in Madrid. I think I'll sleep two or three hours. Maybe more. I turn the radio on and I listen to music. The song played is Everybody Wants To Rule The World, by Tears For Fears. I love this song ! I can't turn up the volume because my friends are still sleeping and I don't want to wake them up. 

6 am and I'm still on the road, Alex fell asleep two hours ago. I'm going to drive another hour and then I'll stop. Lana and Tim wake up and they ask me what time it is and if we can stop soon.

"It is 6 am and I'll stop when I can." - I say

They stay awake and we talk until I stop somewhere. Jade, Tim and Luca wake up as well and we all go to the restroom/toilets to pee. We wash our hands and we go back to my car. We enter it and we eat something. I grab my phone and I text Alex.

Angelina : I stopped a bit but I'm going to drive again. I'll text you when I'm at the hotel.

I put my phone in my pocket and I turn the engine on. I won't stop again, I'll drive straight to the hotel.

I park my car in the hotel parking. My friends woke up thirty minutes ago. We leave my car and we grab our bags and suitcases. I close the car and we leave the parking. We enter the hotel and we ask the key of our rooms to the receptionist.

"You want to sleep a bit before we do anything ?" - I ask

"Yes please." - My friends reply

We enter our rooms. I text Alex telling him I'm in my room and I'm going to sleep. I lay on my bed and I fall asleep. 

                                                                              ~

Jose wakes me up. He tells me Marc and Gemma are waiting for us outside. I get up and I take a shower quickly. I get dressed and we leave our room. I read Angelina's texts and I reply.

Alex : I'm happy you arrived. Can't wait to see you and sleep well :). 

I hope we'll see her today. Gemma and Jose want to meet her. I mean, Jose already saw her but he never talked to her because we were busy with the races. We walk in Madrid and we enter a museum to visit it. I hope Angelina sleeps well. I turn my phone off and I focus on the visit of the museum. 

I leave the museum with my brother, Gemma and Jose. I received some texts from Angelina, she told me she left the hotel with her friends. Maybe I'll see her somewhere in Madrid. 

"Va todo bien, Alex ?" - Gemma asks

"Sí, estoy bien." - I reply, coming back to reality

"Parece que tienes la cabeza en otro lado." - Jose adds

I open my mouth to say something, but I see Angelina on the other pavement/sidewalk. I'm always paralyzed and nervous when I see her or when she's with us. She didn't see us and she disappears in another street. 

"Alex está enamorado !" - Marc says

"Eso no es verdad!" - I reply, then I look down and I say nothing. 

"Angelina parece ser increíble. Deberíamos invitarla a cenar con sus amigos esta noche." - Gemma says

"Voy a preguntarle." - Marc adds

I blush, hoping Angelina will be with us tonight. 

                                                                             ~

I'm walking in the streets of Madrid with my friends. We bought sandwiches for the noon and we are searching for somewhere to eat. 

"Il y a un parc là-bas." - I say, showing a sign with the name of the park. "On peut y aller si vous voulez." - I add

"Let's go." - Aymeric replies

We walk towards the park and we sit on the grass. I take my phone because it vibrated due to a text I received. It's Marc.

Marc : Heyy it's Marc, I wanted to know if you're okay. We'll eat in a restaurant tonight and Gemma proposes that you join us with your friends to eat with us. You up for it?

"La copine de Marc propose qu'on mange avec eux ce soir au restaurant, ça vous tente ?" - I say

"J'approuve l'idée." - Lana says

Aymeric, Tim and Luca agree as well and Jade hesitates because she's also exhausted.

"Je lui dis qu'on en parle tranquillement et je le tiens au jus." - I say

Angelina : I'll talk about it to my friends and I keep you in the loop.