sixteen

I wake up and Alex isn't there anymore. There is a note on the bedside table. I grab it and I read it :

"Hello princess, I left because there are free practice today. I hope you sleep well and text me when you're awake <3"

I smile. I won't text him because I want to make him a surprise. I take a shower and I get dressed. I grab my Yamaha hoodie and I walk to the circuit. I go to each team box to say hello to everybody. Alex is riding so I can't talk to him. I will come back later. I join the Yamaha team. I feel so much better. It's different now because my dad isn't there. I ask what I can do to help and I feel happy to be able to help. I'm often requested by the other teams to know my opinion on something or when they want my help to work on something.

A manager from Aprilia comes and he asks to see me. I join him and we sit around a table to talk.

"What do you want to tell me ?" - I ask

"You like driving trucks, right ?" - He asks

"Yes I do. Why ?"

"Our truck driver won't be there for the rest of the season and next year as well. I thought about you because I saw you driving the Yamaha truck and you drive very well."

"Well, thanks. I want to help you but the issue is that my dad is at the hospital right now and I don't know if Yamaha has another truck driver. I can drive your truck for next year but for now I think I will stay with Yamaha for the rest of the season."

"I appreciate that, thank you so much Angelina. I'm truly sorry for your dad and I hope he will get well soon."

"Thank you !"

We leave waving at each other and I go back to the Yamaha box. I see Alex coming back to his box. I run to it because I want to see him. Alex gets off his bike and he sees me running. He takes his gloves off and he runs to me to take me in his arms. We enter the Gresini box and Alex takes his helmet off. He looks at me smiling and he wraps his arms around me before he kisses my forehead.

Alex sits on his chair and he talks with his team about how he feels on the bike. I don't interrupt him because I know it's important for him. I talk a bit with a technician. I often look at Alex. A Yamaha mechanic comes and he tells me to come quickly. I tell Alex I will be right back. I run to the Yamaha truck and I help another mechanic because one of the bikes fell and he got hurt. I help the other mechanics to repair the bike.

I sit on a chair and I drink a bit of water. Alex is back on the circuit. I will wait for him to finish before I go back to his box. I get up and I decide to go to each box to ask if they need help for something. As you know, I like feeling useful. It happens that riders take photos with me. I love this atmosphere, like when we talk together and when we share some moments like that.

I wake up because I fell asleep on a Yamaha chair in the box. I leave the box because the free practices are done for the day. I walk to the hotel. I will try not to fall asleep again. I wave at some riders who are in the hotel cafe. They wave at me smiling. I join them to talk a bit with them before I go to my room. I sit on my bed and I read my book listening to music.

I barely paid attention to the time. It's 8:45 pm and the only thing I did was reading. I didn't eat something. I decide to leave my room to go to the hotel restaurant and I order something. I will eat a burger with French fries. I smile when I receive Alex's texts.

Alex : Are you free tonight ?
Alex : I admit I want to spend time with you.
Angelina : I'm free tonight. I just eat something and I'll be there.
Alex : I have something for you !
Angelina : What is it ?
Alex : Surprise princess ! I also needed to talk something.
Angelina : I'm done eating, join me in five minutes !

I clean the table and I go back to my room quickly. I brush my teeth before I hear someone knocking on the door.

~

I feel nervous and anxious. I knocked on the door of Angelina's room. I bought her a teddy bear. She opens the door and when I see her, I feel better. I enter her room and I give her the teddy bear smiling. She's so happy and she holds me tight.

"Thank you so much Alex ! I love it !" - Angelina says

"I'm happy to know you love it." - I say

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I don't feel well to be honest."

"What happened?"

"Remember our hug in the paddock ? Some photographs took a photo of it and now some people started to believe we're dating. It made me scared."

"Everything will be okay, Alex. If someone asks, we will say we're best friends. If something happens between us, it will stay between us."

It warms my heart to know she will keep everything for her. I touch her cheek and she blushes.

"Marc will kill me if something happens." - I say

"What do you mean ?" - Angelina asks

"You're like his little sister and he is protective. He told me if someone hurts you, he will be mad."

"He won't know and you won't hurt me, Alex."

I look at her with so much love. She's perfect to me. I put her hair behind her ear and I keep my hand on her cheek. I don't care about what Marc can think and I put my lips against her soft lips. I lift her from the ground when she puts her hand behind my head. Her legs are wrapped around my waist. I want her to be mine, at least tonight. I know one day, she will be mine forever. I just want to show her I lover her more than anything. I look at her and I see her smiling. I see love in her eyes. She plays with my hair and we lay on the bed. I put my forehead against hers and I take a deep breath.

"What's wrong Alex ?" - Angelina asks

"I can't keep it for me anymore." - I say

"What are you talking about ?"

"I love you Angelina. More than friends. Only Marc, Jose and Gemma know. I kept it for me because I don't know how you feel about me. Every time I see you, I'm paralyzed because you're the most beautiful girl in the world. I'm fucking in love with you Angelina."

"Since when Alex ?"

"I have no clue. I want to be yours and I want you to be mine. Since the first time I saw you, years ago, I thought you were beautiful and I have always wanted to talk to you but I never knew how. Since the summer break, you're always on my mind and I keep falling in love with you." - I say, "You probably need time before dating someone and I can understand." - I add

"Look at me, Alex." - Angelina says

I stare at her.

"Indeed I need time before dating someone but it doesn't mean I don't love you. I have a crush on you for three years and I never had the courage to tell you or to talk to you. I'm in love with you Alex and I know if we date one day, I won't regret it." - Angelina says

"What if something happens tonight?"

"No regrets. What about you ?"

"No regrets."

I kiss her softly again and I put my hand on her hips. Her hand is still in my hair. My heart is racing. I never felt like this before and I will do everything I can do to make her happy with me. I hold her tight. I don't want to let her go.

I want to show her she's everything to me.