fourteen

I'm walking to the hospital. I'm alone. I don't know how I will react when I see my dad and my aunt unconscious. I stay strong. Well... I try. I enter the hospital and I ask the number of their rooms. Rooms 275 and 276. I climb up the stairs. I take a deep breath before I enter the room of my dad. I try not to fall on the ground and I start to cry when I see him like that. His left ankle is broken. Like my heart. I can't stop crying and I know I will cry again when I see my aunt.

I stay like ten minutes in my dad's hospital room. I get up and I walk to the door. I open it and I look at my dad one last time before I close the door. I take another deep breath and I enter my aunt's hospital room. I cry again and I just slump on a chair next to the window. I'm not okay at all. It's too much for me. As for my dad, I stay ten minutes here.

I leave the hospital. I try to call my friends but they don't reply. They're probably in classes. I sit on a bench. I stare at a tree, crying.. A girl joins me she smiles at me. I recognize Gemma. I try to dry my tears but it's hard.

"Do you want to talk about it ?" - Gemma asks, sitting next to me

"My dad and my aunt had an accident and they are at the hospital. Unconscious." - I reply

"Oh no! I'm so sorry Angelina !"

"Don't worry, it's not your fault."

Gemma hugs me.

"Do Alex, Marc, Jose and your friends know ?" - Gemma asks

"They don't." - I say, "I don't know when I tell them and if I have the courage to do it." - I add

"Take your time, Angelina."

"Thanks, Gemma. For being there."

"It's normal, you're my friend. Marc, Jose and Alex consider you as their little sister."

It warms my heart and it makes me smile. We walk together for a moment and we go back to the hotel. She asks me if I want to eat with her at noon. I accept and we order something at the hotel restaurant. We walk to a park and we sit on a bench to eat.

"What are you thinking about ?" - Gemma asks

"I just wonder how Alex, Jose and Marc are." - I reply

"They are okay, I will join Marc and Jose in the afternoon. Do you want to come ?"

"I would like to, please."

"Join us ! They will be happy to see you !"

"I will be happy too."

"Can I ask you something ?" - Gemma asks

"Yes sure !" - I say

"Is there anything between you and Alex ?"

"We're close to each other but there isn't anything."

"Do you feel something for him ? I mean, when you look at him, your eyes shine and you blush."

"Yes... I do. I have a crush on him for a long time, but I don't want to tell him because I don't want to ruin our friendship, I don't know if he feels the same about me and we started to talk more than before during the Summer break. I mean, we talked like twice or three times before the Summer break." - I say, "The first time we talked was during a dinner with his fan club in 2018. The other time were when I asked him a photo and an autograph." - I add

"Of course you still need time to know each other more before starting something, but I'm sure Alex feels something for you." - Gemma replies

"How do you know ?"

"We often hear him saying your name in his sleep and when he's awake, he talks a lot about you."

It makes me blush and smile. We stop talking about Alex and she asks questions about me. We're done eating and we walk to the circuit talking about our lives. We join Marc and Jose in the Honda box. They hug us and we talk all together.

"Where is Alex ?" - I ask

"He is in the Gresini box. He is also angry." - Jose replies

"Why ?"

"He's worried about you and it annoys him not to have news from you." - Marc says

"I'm going to see him."

I walk to the Gresini box. I see Alex and I enter his box. I put a hand on his shoulder because he didn't see me. He turns around and he softens.

"How do you feel ?" - I ask

"I'm better now because you're there. What about you ?" - Alex replies

"I'm happy to see you, Alex."

"Is there something else ?"

I look down because I don't want him to see I'm still sad inside. Alex puts his hand on my cheek to make me look at him. A tear falls on my cheek and Alex dries it. I go in his arms and he wraps his arms around me.

"Do you want to talk about it ?" - Alex asks

"Yes, but not here." - I say

Alex grabs my hand and we walk to his motor-room. We enter it and we sit on the couch. I tell him what's wrong and I cry. Alex wraps his arms around me and he keeps me against him.

~

Angelina is in my arms. She's not okay and I want to be there for her. I play with her hair and I notice she fell asleep. I lift her up and I enter my bedroom. I put her on the bed and I stay with her. Marc texts me if everything's okay. I tell him what happened. I lay next to Angelina and I wrap my arms around her. I fall asleep slowly next to her.

When I wake up, Angelina disappeared. I hear noises behind the door. I open it and I see Angelina preparing coffee. I yawn and she giggles.

"I'm sorry if I fell asleep, Alex." - Angelina says

"It's okay, Angelina. You needed to sleep." - I reply

"I woke up twenty minutes ago and I didn't want to wake you up."

"Thanks."

She smiles a bit and she pours coffee in two cups. She gives me one and we drink the coffee silently.

"How do you feel now ?" - I ask

"I'm okay, what about you ?" - Angelina replies

"I'm still sleepy to be honest."

I put the cup on the table and I wrap my arms around Angelina. I saw on her face she needed a hug.

"I feel safe in your arms." - Angelina says

"You can stay in my arms." - I reply, "Do you want to lay on my bed?" - I add

She nods and we go to my bedroom again. We watch a movie on the TV. Marc calls me and he asks if we want to eat with him, Gemma and Jose. I ask Angelina if she wants too and we accept.

"I must go back to the hotel if I want to get ready." - Angelina says

"I'll go with you. I'll get ready there as well." - I reply

"When do we join them ?"

"In two hours."

"Let's get ready !"

We leave the Gresini motor-room and we go to the hotel. I enter my room and Angelina enters hers. Let's get ready for tonight !