CHAP 5

Sunghoon's POV

"Finally" he breathed out, his big arms around me. He smelt like mint and cologne.

The mint was familiar but the cologne was not.

"Um, let go of me" I said tapping his shoulder. on Normal circumstance I am not a hugger.

He released me "I'm sorry, I'm sorry sunghoon" Then he smiled like my name was a pleasant memory. "I've been looking for you man, since today. I saw everybody except you"

"So you're not in the team?" I asked taking a step back creating a little distance from him. We were almost same height, he had just an inch over me.

"No, my farther Is the one obsessed with balls, not me" he says running a hand through his hair, his smile still in place.

He's big. Bigger than me in the muscle department. His studded jaw with edges, well picked brow, long lashes, tanned skin and almost long black hair made him look exceptionally good.

I knew I was I was staring but he was staring back so it wasn't all awkward. His eyes were sweeping around me too, taking in all new and changes.

"Is the reunion done now, cuz we have got ball to play." coach said.

With our eyes locked together, I replied to coach. "yes, coach."

I was first to look away, turning around to get my stick and helmet. His hand latched onto mine as I made to leave. "sunghoon---"

"I've got ball to play." I replied offering a small smile.

He smiled too "I'll wait."

"Cool." I nodded putting on my helmet and walking to the post. He should wait, like I've done for years.

I was happy to see him. Really happy even that scared me. Lee heeseung, my best friend. I've practically managed to shove him down the basement of my life and now he's back. I just Hope nothing unfortunate come from this.

I was distracted all through, unlike normal, more than two balls were able to get pass me and Into the net. My eyes kept going up to the bleachers, to heeseung. And the most unnerving was he was looking at me. His eyes trained on me and I can feel him watching my every move way up from the bleachers.

What's his problem? What's my problem?

By the time practice was over, I was seeing red.

"Sunghoon, wait up." heeseung called saying bye to some students and jogging up to me.

"I don't want to." I answered swinging my bag over my shoulder, he's been waiting for me since I went change in the locker. I even took a quick shower just to waste more time and to cool off. But he's still here and I don't feel like I cooled off.

He caught up with ease, falling in step with me. he chuckled, touching my hair. "you've water dripping on your hoodie."

I swatted his hand off. "don't touch me."

"Come on, what did I do wrong?" He asked.

"I don't like people touching me." I answered back.

"No kidding, you never changed that huh?" He asked. The fact that he was been so danm friendly is annoying me.

"Can you not talk to me like we're best friends." I asked as I stopped walking and looking ahead and running a hand through my wet hair.

"I can't help it." he admits putting his hand through his pockets.

I turned to him, his bright eyes looking so humble and innocent. "You can't help it? We're not best friends."

"But we were." the innocent look gone, leaving a serious look behind.

"Yes, six years ago. That's a bloody long time that can't be ignored. We're not friends okay and behaving like we are won't change the fact that we're practically strangers."

He ran a hand through his hair, disheveling it the more. "We're not strangers, if we were, we wouldn't have recognized each other at the first glance."

I frowned, not expecting that but was quick to recover. "we're not friends."

"We're not enemies too right?"

I shrugged and he smiled.

"I missed you."

"Don't you dare tell me that." I said without missing a beat. I was looking calm but my insides were anything but calm.

He took a step closer. "But I did. My sole purpose of coming back might not have been because of you but the excitement and willingness was. I wanted to see you sunghoon and yes, we are not best friends anymore. And six years was long but... I'm back, I'm in school now and we roughly have a year to make up, to catch up, to become friends again."

I took a step back prepared to counter him but he cut me short.

"Blowing off at me won't help a thing. you ain't getting rid of me soon."

"I'm mad at you." I admitted glaring at him, to why I have admitted that I have no idea at all.

"I can see that." He says his hand going through his hair again. Then he surprised me by reaching for my hand. "let's grab a bite and you'll tell me exactly why you're mad."

I yanked my hand away from his. "Don't touch me." He raised his hands up, apologizing. "I'm busy, can't"

"Then dinner?"

"No."

"Break fast tomorrow?"

"I don't do breakfasts."

"Lunch at school and if you say no I am gonna leach onto you and never let go." He warned.

I sighed "You're annoying."

"I will take that as a yes."

I rolled my eyes "bye bye."

"Ok not to be annoying but I've been calling you're name and you haven't called mine once. you still remember it right?"

I smirked "of cause i do, heeseung."

I grin broke off his face. "It's Ethan"

I smiled walking out of the school building. I know it's Ethan but it's always been heeseung for me. That isn't changing now.

_____

Hehe...

Pls vote and comment..

Have a great day 🦋💗

- Jay's side crush -