CHAP 21

Sunghoon's POV

[ Flashback six years ago ]

"I can't believe he's going. I hate auntie min min."

"Sunghoon don't you want heeseung to meet his farther? To be with him?

"But we're fine. They aren't lacking anything. Who needs a father?"

"Hoon that's not right. Every boy needs a father."

"Nonsense. You don't see us complaining. Now auntie is taking heeseungie away. How is that fair? Who's going to be my friend now? Even heeseungie doesn't want know? Who drags a kid off in the night?"

"You'll make new friends and heeseung will learn to love his new home."

I fell face flat on the bed feeling the tears build up. "I don't mean to be rude but go away mom, you're not helping me."

I heard her sigh and get up "won't you help them pack stuff?"

"I'd rather bite my tongue out."

"Well do you need anything?"

"Please get out."

It's when I heard the door shut close that I let myself cry. My only friend was going away. My best friend and neighbour.

What would I do now? How can I convince auntie to go without him? Mom and I would take good care of him. He doesn't need a father and neither do I.

I stayed indoors mad cried more when I knew there's no way I was gonna stop them. They were going to leave this night and no one is gonna stop them.

I heard something hit my window and I was looking out in a moment. It was a rocket, my rocket. I had left in heeseungs house.

It had note on it. I squinted my eyes to read it.

' aren't you going to say goodbye? '

I looked down and sure enough heeseung was down there, holding a remote control to the rocket. He waved at me and I laughed, rushing down in a moment.

"Why didn't you come in?"

"Rooms feel sad. I don't wanna cry again." He said.

"So you're really going?" I asked stopping in front of him.

He smiles, "I've been answering that for a week now."

I start walking again. "How soon is it now?"

"Less down an hour. We have to be at the airport before time."

"We can't run away?"

He shook his head. "No we can't."

I takes. "This is so sad heeseung."

He kicked a rock. "Tell me about it."

"I'll surely forget you before we meet again, or since you're the one with the saggy brain, you'll surely forget me." I said.

Heeseung chuckles. "I won't hoon, I promise and I won't let you either. I write and I'll call too but I've always wanted to write letters so, I'll write instead. Would improve my assay too. I will write to you as soon as I reach home."

I smile at the thought of Lee heeseung writing a letter. "Promise?"

"Promise. I will tell you all about my new home and my father. And they say letters delay so be sure to await mine."

I nodded. "I will. Who am I to pass out a chance to make fun of you?" He nudged me and we laughed together.

We played together for sometime with my rocket. Until auntie had to ruin it. It was time for heeseung to leave.

His eyes welled up in tears. "I thought I was strong for this but I'm not really."

I offered a half smile.

"You're the strongest boy I know heeseung. You can do it."

His tears rolled down his face and I reached up, wiping them.

"I won't forget you hoonie. And you're my best friend no matter what."

"You'll write?" He nodded and I patted his back. "Hurry along now, you don't need auntie to start panicking."

Then he hugged and I hugged him back. He broke the hug, too quickly in my opinion and he brushed my hair from my face. I smiled at him and then he did the most unexpected.

He kissed me. On the lips.

It wasn't my first kiss, some bossy girl stole that but it was my first kiss with a boy. I didn't know how to feel about it. It was a boy and it was my best friend.

But he was going away and my heart was thumping so first. I let myself go filling 'thinking' under 'later'.

My eyes shut close and I let heeseung kiss me.

It was over soon again and  again before my eyes could pry open, heeseung was sprinting away.

I caught up too late. The car was already leaving and with it was heeseung.

I let myself cry and then was consoled by the fact that he was going to write.

He was going to explain why he kissed me.

[ End of flashback ]

But he never wrote. Never called. Never  nothing. Never got an explanation and I succeeded in filling it under 'mistake' and forgot it.

Now he's making me remember it. And I can't be mad at him. Infact I liked it.

My hands go up to my wet cheeks. I was soaking wet and the rain kept falling on me as I stared at heeseungs window.

I liked it so much.

__________

Dammm

Have a great day 💗🦋

- Jay's side crush -