CHAP 18

Sunghoon's POV

I woke up smiling. Even the annoying kettle can't get to me today. Neither did the embarrassing drool trailing down my cheek.

Why was I smiling? I had no idea. Or I didn't want to ponder upon the idea. But it had everything to do with lee heeseung.

Maybe all I needed all along was a friend to bring some happiness in my life.

Well, not just a friend. I had sunoo too, I mean we sorta had a friendship thingy going on right? Well whatever, apparently that wasn't enough.

All I needed was the sappy friendship of lee heeseung. That even sound sappy. God I am getting his disease.

I wore my strips hoodie again, black and white, with dark jeans. I combed my hair quickly and rushed down.

I stopped in my tracks seeing my mother sitting on a stool steering a little spoon inside her tea cup. She wasn't near happy, that I could see.

"What's wrong?" I asked startling her. She brushed an blonde lock and tried to disguise the sad look, smiling brightly at me.

"Good morning, sunghoon." She said handing my mug of coffee to me, "How was your night?"

Lovely but that doesn't matter now. I pulled a stool, gently sitting down on it. I grabbed my mother's hand and looking at her identical black eyes.

"This morning is about to take a drastic change for everyone. If you don't tell me what's wrong."

She gaped at me, opened her mouth to speak no words came out, finally she sighed.

"Sunghoon you're scary when you speak like that."

"Like what?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee.

"Like-- like.." she uttered unsure of what words to use.

"Mom, just tell me what's wrong?" I cut her off. She sighed again.

"It's your step fat--" I cleared my throat, cutting her off again.

"It's ji-ho. He saw the groceries and accused me of hiding money from him. I had-- I had to give up all my weeks saves."

My fist clenched up tightly, "I bought them. He should've come to me."

Her palms covered up my fist. "I claimed I did and sunghoon it's no problem. I've still got money on me. I barely give you anything, the least I can do is allow you to do with your earning as you please."

I turn to her, "I bought them so you could have more money mom. Why good is that now?"

She smiled, "on the bright side, if you didn't. I would have nothing so, it's still good."

The mug handle broke, causing rest of the coffee spill on my hand and the counter.

"Oh sunghoon." My mom cried wrapping her hands around me in a hug. She was clearly panicking for my sake and worried. "It's fine. I swear it's fine sunghoon."

I hugged her back, "it will be fine mom. I promise."

I cleared up all my mess and left the house soon after.

The sight of heeseung resting on the hood of his car with one foot up, immediately brought a smile to my face and I litterely felt some of the anger and heaviness around my chest leave.

"How're you hanging up?" I teased working up to him and his shiny Ferrari.

He frowned. "Bright morning to you too, hoon."

I stopped a feet In front of him and we just looked at each other until I was man enough to look away.

Okay. Manliness had nothing to do with it, I just had to look away before I exploded. My eyes dropped to the clutch by his left. "Crutch?"

"Uh.." he said distracted before understanding. "Yea, mom dragged me to the hospital early this morning when I cried out in pain from stepping on it and the doctor assigned a crutch to me. cool right?"

I frowned, not liking the news at all, Are you okay?" 

"Yea, it doesn't hurt much." 

"Danm, I'm really sorry heeseung." I apologize guilty. Knowing he was and is in pain, hurt me more than expected.

"I'm okay hoon, but I won't be if we're tardy. Let's go." 

"Maybe you should skip this day?" I suggested, putting an arm around his side that didn't have a clutch. 

"Jeez. Are you that concerned?"

Yes. Unfortunately.

"No. It's just the thought of assisting you all day is dreadful." I answered, opening the car door for him. 

"tsk. I am hurt hoon." Heeseung says turning so our faces were inches apart. 

He blinked. I gulped. Then shoved him into the seat, closing the door immediately.

"Ow. Sunghoon!" 

I placed a hand on my chest. Feeling the once rhythmic beat going crazy. 

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Being that close to a guy should be illegal. After a minute of standing out, I got into drivers seat and drove away. We stayed silent for a minute before heeseung broke it. Soon he said something and the awkwardness was gone. Giving room to a free flowing conversation. 

"Are you ready?" I asked turning to him.

"Yeah. I should be asking you, I barely know how to use this," he gestured to his clutch. "So I'll be needing you're help. We can't have me stepping on my bad foot. Applying pressure and flaunting the doctors order, now can we?" 

I groaned hitting my head on the steering wheel. I swear he's doing this on purpose and i cant refuse. i did this to him. 

I got out of the car, shutting the door without another single word and before I got over to heeseungs side, he had already called my name ten times. 

"Sheesh man, I thought you were leaving me" He complained as I opened the door for him. 

"I cant say I was tempted." I replied him, although, I would never leave him. Not in this state at least." 

Heeseung grabbed my hands giving me puppy eyes. "Don't leave me Sunghoon. Don't ever leave me."

I yanked my hand off once more. "Okay this is only going to work if you keep all the sappy talk to yourself, else I'm so leaving you and I don't care if you have crawl to class."

"Ok, ok." He made a zipping motion on his lips. "My lips are sealed." 

Something about the smile on his eyes told me he wasn't being totally truthful. Hhe bell for homeroom went off and I sighed brushing it off. 

"Come on." 

I helped him out of the car balancing his hand over my shoulder, mine around his as we walked to school. 

"I could get used to this." Heeseung said with a smirk. 

"I could drop you on your ass." I countered and that shut him up. 

I smiled, all would be well as long as I don't look at his face when we're up close like this. It's messing with me. I wonder why? Maybe its because I've never really been this close to someone, like ever. 

And being so close, seeing his face so close to mine, it just succeeded in reminding me of a kiss. 

Of all things. A kiss? 

------

: )

have a great day 🦋💗

- Jay's side crush -