How it Began

I was walking down a road.

A wet, slippery and grey road on a snowy night in London. The perfect place to be walking in a mini dress and high heels after performing at a club. I was a starving artist. I sang and dance and performed at the club by my apartment. I was walking after a terrible night of painful shoes, rude people, and no tips. I usually would perform and get rounds of applause and have a grand old time singing and playing my heart out. I had no intention of going to college until I was 21 so I could drink my problems away. If I got stressed after thinking about how I didn't succeed in the business I dreamed of, drinks would help. Good idea right? Yeah no. It sucks. I don't even know how I can perform in the club..., but I do every weekend and then try to get into restaurants on the weekday. Otherwise I starve.

Anyways, I was walking down a shitty road in a groggy part of London. I was walking down that dam road when someone grabbed me. Someone grabbed my arm and drug me into the side in an alleyway that no girl should be in. I was pinned to a wall and I was starting to get touched all over. I tried to kick him off but I couldn't do anything. I was in pain and I wasn't strong enough.

"Stop! Please! Please you have the wrong girl! It's not me! Please! Please stop! I'm not her," I said, trying to cover myself up thinking that a pimp minion was trying to get me. I really wasn't strong and if they believed me they might let me go with a slap.

"Shut up, girl," the guy said as he started to run his fingers up my leg. I was cold and his frozen bloody fingers were not helping. I was scared but I tried to wit myself out of this. I knew I couldn't. Yup. I was dead. Totally dead. I would just get touched to death-hopefully nothing else- and die alone in a dress I got at a sale for 75% off in the girls section. When you're short with curves and the features, any long little girl dress can be sexy. It is a little bad when a father comes in and recognizes the dress. And then points it out. Oh god I need a new life. I tried to scream as he covered my mouth with his. His scruffy beard was disgusting as he tried to caress my body with his arms and I tried to pull away. He held my arms tightly and I was useless. I went limp in fear. Then I heard a gun shot and he was dead. I fell down with his body because of his tight grip as I was on top of him. I got off and I went back to the wall, hoping to find that the person who shot him didn't notice me. I then looked at the man again and realized he didn't shoot him. It was... it was... a spear? An extendable spear? What the hell was this?

I looked at him and there was no wound. I saw a man in a suit with glasses walk up and watch something fly out of his body. It looked like the old film you'd get with an old camera or you'd see if you ever saw a movie strip. What was that?

"He had a terrible life. No family or anything. Wait... who is that?" The man said as he moved closer to the records to look at the last scene before his death. He looked straight towards me when the records finished. I was in a red cutie prom dress with black lace with my hair all curled and my makeup done. I looked like a drunk whore from a club who had too many drinks. He stared at me and looked me up and down. He saw me as a disgusting girl. Shameful. But he just saved my life and I couldn't even speak and say thank you. "Well, hello. I am William T. Spears. I assume you're the girl this man was tormenting so harshly?" William said. He was quite confident as he held out his hand. He looked annoyed like if I was opposing him of his time because I dared to even be in his presence. This guy needed to chill.
"Hello. I am ____," I said, annoyed. As I walked out he looked at my face and went red. He peered and afterwards gasped. "A-Are you OK or something?" I said as I noticed he was getting redder as I walked closer.
"N-No! I am fine it is just that your... eyes... ____, they're like mine," he said like if it was some weird thing to have the same green eye color.
"Yeah? We have the same eye color, so?" I said, confused and annoyed at this arrogance and foolishness.
"I have never seen you at the Dispatch. Are you a transfer?" He said.
"The hell is a Dispatch?!" I said, confused. Dispatch. What the hell is this "Dispatch," thing he is rambling about. Is it some kind of work? I don't know. He's weird.
"I have a question for you, ____. Did you see what came out of that mans body when I hit him with this?" William said.
I simply replied,
"Yeah I did. Some weird magic trick thing with film strips that no one uses anymore. Is it something you do with mirrors? Never mind, I'm tired of games. Listen, thank you for saving my life, now I'll be going. I'm cold and tired," I said as I grabbed his hand to shake it. I tried to go but he didn't let go. "LET GO OF ME!"
"You don't know?" William said.
"Know what?!" I replied in pure anger. I have two men taking advantage of me for no reason other than they can. This is disgusting. "You're a grim reaper!" He said in full confidence. I tried to pull my arm out but I made it worse as he fell on me and I fell back onto the ground. Then I heard a heel clicking and a few laughs and everything became worse.
"Oh..., Will. About dam time you got down and dirty," a blonde man said as he chuckled.
"Oh William~! Why did you have to take a street monger when you could of taken me instead!" A redhead stated. The red head grabbed him and got him off the ground as I got up quickly.
"Excuse me but I am no street monger and your buddy here," I said while poking his chest hard, "decided to tell me I'm some dam reaper after clipping a dead guy in the head who was trying to molest me. For Christ's sakes I said thank you. I'm not some hooker. You'll have to find 'Candy' or 'Crystal' for that. Jesus," I said as I was about to wobble away when the blonde looked at me.
"Oh hey, hey. Don't be so hasty," the blonde one said as he tried to charm me by putting his arm around me, "he is just a little uptight and probably a little high or something. We'll be outta your way, alright lovely?" The idiotic blonde said. I pushed him off and stated, "I am not be called lovely and I don't know what the hell is going on. So thank you-I am off!" I started walking off strongly and then I wobbled around the corner.
The redhead follow and said,
"Hey reaper girl~ You do realize you're going to have to take that sexy ass back over here and come with us right? It'll be better than the poor life you had before."
"I still don't know what that is and why you care?" I said, "And what did you call me?"
The redhead stated, "oh~ darling. I like you already! Now let's get to business and let's hope your outfit dies along in the process."