Your Date With Mr. Knox

It was the Saturday that would change the way I would actually think of Ronald. I always judge on the second date. The first date you always try to act smooth and slick; nice outfit, perfect posture, etc., it is always the first date. If the guy is himself on the first date, it usually is the worst date of my life. That didn't happen, so his shell shall be broken on this date. I will promise that.

I changed and I had myself all ready for this date. I was wearing a nice casual but fancier outfit that I would never wear on a Saturday at my house. Usually my Saturdays were at the club, wearing Gucci shoes and a tight dress that suited me too well. I would always have to sing a song that was not classy for a woman to sing, (usually "Leave Your Hat On,") and dancing to try to get some grub money from the crappy gig revenue I would receive.

Thank god I left.

A ring from my-now-fixed doorbell came as it rung obnoxiously and rung until I opened the door. It wasn't fully fixed. I opened the door as I see Ronald with little lilies and red roses in a beautiful bouquet.

I was stunned as I looked at him in a beautiful dress shirt that was baby blue with a red, silky tie with black stripes, with a coal black blazer and same colored pants. His shoes were black, made of pure leather with coated laces.

He looked amazing as he just stared at me.

I was really mesmerized by his look as he handed me the flowers. I invited him inside. My apartment looked so much better from the last time. My walls were my favorite color, with nice leather couches and a coffee table made out of black marble and the pots and pans were all updated, everything was so much better, it looked like a dream.

He came inside and stopped for a moment to stare as I grabbed a vase from my showcase shelf I bought back in the suburbs earlier in the day, as I grabbed a nice lavender purple one. I took the tissue paper off the bouquet and I put water in the vase and cut the ends of the flowers on angels to make them survive with rocks at the bottom. I looked at his as he just stared in silence at the chandelier, the TV, everything looked so different that it barely was the same apartment.

"Wow...," he said as he grabbed my hand. I looked at him curiously as he was holding it so tightly without his usual gloves on.
"Ronald, what exactly are you doing?" I said as I saw him staring at my glasses.
"Just admiring your face, lovely," he said as he started walking towards the door, dragging me along. "We're going to have some fun today!" He said as he started running faster. He didn't have his scythe with him.

As we were running, he told me to close his eyes. We walked and we were still outside. It was warmer today but it wasn't nice enough to be called spring. Let's just say it was a warmer winter or a middle fall period. I heard machines whirring and loud carnival music. I was about to open my eyes as he put his hand on my eyes, I could tell he had his gloves ready.

"R-Ronald! What the hell are you doing?!" I said as I was trying to shuffle around out of his grasp. He had his right arm around me and his left on my eyes. I was getting annoyed. My foot hit a step on a staircase. We started walking up as I heard even more music and loud whirring sounds. We got to the top as Ronald directed me to a pair of seats. I sat down awkwardly as he took his arm away from my waist and buckled me in. I was getting scared.

"RONALD! TELL ME WHAT WE ARE-" I said as I got interrupted by a sudden movement. We plummeted down as he removed his hand and started yelling for joy.

I opened my eyes and I freaked. We were on a roller coaster. An extremely tall, and curvy one that was ridiculous. He looked at me as I was shocked with fear. I am not scared of heights, just afraid of falling out of a roller coaster. Especially when your seat belt is fraying and no one is beside you, which is what happened to me when my mother was alive. He started laughing as he grabbed my hand.

"Hey, don't be scared, I'm here for you, ____," he said as he was smiling. We went into an extremely long loop that we both wished would never end. It was almost in slow motion, the way it was. My hair was floating up in the air as my glasses were lifting up. I had my hand on my face to hold them as my other hand was held by Ronald.

He looked at me and smiled as he went in for a kiss, which held both of our glasses together and kept our faces from being cold. Before the loop ended, a bright flash came and the loop was over. He pulled away and held onto my glasses as I held onto his for a second and we laughed.

The ride ended and we adjusted ourselves in our seats and we got out and walked down the steps. All the workers stared at us as they asked us to buy a picture. I looked at Ronald and he didn't know. They turned the monitor around and it was a picture of us, kissing in the middle of the loop, with our faces red and our hands in each others. It was the perfect shot. No ones hair was in each others faces and we looked cute. Ronald looked at the picture and blushed as he bought two copies.

"You didn't have to get that for me, Ronald," I said as I grabbed his hand. I put the picture in my wallet and I loved that photo.
"Of course I had to, lovely, you looked adorable and I'm not going to be some creep who buys a photo of himself and a beautiful girl without getting one for the girl!" He said as we walked.

We did a lot together. We danced to the carnival music, ate cotton candy, talked and laughed. He was great, and he was himself, on the first and second date. Almost impossible, but he was Mr.Knox, and he could do anything.

We ran to my apartment and said our goodbyes. He kissed me on the cheek and ran off.

That boy was my curse. He really was.

Work will be fun, since I have to start working on weekends like a full-time reaper to be able to get an appointment for my test date. This will be hard, but I'll be a full time reaper and a new gal.