The New Chapter Of Your Life! (William)

Ah, the new day of Sunday! First 'day' of work. It'll be a new experience.

I had done a job before, but that wasn't fully my intention. Hitting that man with that reaper scythe and reaping his soul was a new experience. My hands were shaking as vibrations and energy went through my hands. The cinematic records spewed out through the chest of a short, English man who had a hairy beard and was cold, dead, while laying on the bench made of metal.

It was a new experience that would change the way I always felt about the dead. I would never be the same.

But my hands shook after I touched Ronald's, feeling the same energy that spewed from the dead, bursting from his hands. From the experiences of death I had known before I had reaped the soul of the man, they were always ugly and dark.

With the death of Mr.Cockerell, it was an experience that was beautiful but sad. The way his life flashed before my eyes, the way he said his last words, everything was sad but beautiful. His life was uneventful to the world, but it was full of twists and turns for him.

It was beautiful. I truly felt like a Reaper when I reaped his soul, I felt like a person when writing his resume for heaven, everything I did was beautiful, but in the end, it was the saddest moment of a lot of people's lives.

Not his.

His was the beginning of his new life. Just as he gave me a new life. I thank him for that. I will live my life to the fullest.

I returned to the Dispatch once again, my suit on, tie fixed and everything on the spot. I was quite dapper. Everyone stopped and stared as I walked through the halls.

William had sent a telegram, asking me to go into his office. I proceeded into his office as he was sitting there, waiting as his hair was slicked back differently. The way I slicked his hair back. Interesting. I looked at him and smirked, seeing as his hands were anxiously put together like he had something to tell me. He saw me smiling as he stood up and went in front of me, grabbing my hand and shaking it. I shook his hand and the same energy went through my hand, but it was stronger, bolder, more beautiful. It was almost like the feeling you get when you're being applauded. You are done with the task you have worked so hard for, and you see people in pure enjoyment of your work, and they give you an energy you can never get anywhere else. You can't really explain it. It is just there. A simple hand shake gave me that feeling. Why? I have no clue. He shook my hand and then let go. His gloves were off. His hands were warm and clammy and it was the most emotional action of greeting I had felt.

"Hello, _____. It is nice to see you again. I sent you the telegram because I have to tell you something. Something about you being a Reaper. You are a Reaper.  I don't know how, but you became one even though you are alive with a soul. Being a Reaper is made by death. You end your life, you are a Reaper. But you are alive and have the abilities and characteristics that make you a Reaper. I talked to my colleagues and they said you'll have to take a test, but you only have a day to reap the soul, because of your decision you had to make before. You will have a supervisor, but you have to choose who it is. They said it was required that you choose because the new incoming Reapers aren't taking the tests yet. You are weeks ahead of them. So you can choose from Alan, Eric, Grell, Ronald, myself, and The Undertaker. A man you haven't met yet. You probably will one day," William said as he let go of my hand.

From his look, he wanted to supervise me.

I would of obviously have chosen Ronald, because I am currently dating him, but it seemed that I needed-no, not needed, I..., I wanted to choose William. I wanted his hand on my shoulder, I wanted that lesson. I wanted him to be there for my moment. To help me decide if the person should live, or die.

I don't know why.

Work and romance should be as far as possible, and if I'm already going on dates with a colleague, that colleague shouldn't be supervising me.

I will choose William.

I want William. No! I mean, I want to choose William to supervise me.

He has a cool mind with no emotion, he will be a good supervisor. Grell has too much emotion, and I don't know Alan, Eric or the Undertaker.

"Mr.Spears. I will choose you to come along to help me. I want you there," I said. Why did I say, "I want you there," and not just say, "I will choose you to supervise me"? I am really an idiot sometimes.

As I said the words, "I want you," William grabbed my hand. He looked at me and hugged me. His arms were around me and under my arms, as mine were on his shoulders. I was practically lifted from the hold because he was so much taller than me in comparison.

It was an unexpected hug that I didn't want to end. I felt loved in a simple motion of joy of my chosen partner.

"I cannot wait to work with you, _____. I will do my best not to get in the way of your new chapter," William said as his cheek and temple rested against my head. I leaned my head against his as I almost felt like sleeping in his arms.

He was so warm, so different in his physical actions then his words, and his logic. I believe he isn't like the other self, that he really is like this. I cannot wait to find out how he acts. It'll be a new world for the both of us.

"I cannot wait either," I said as I let go. I didn't want to, but I didn't want to get too emotional into this hug. It was a simple gesture. That is all. My hands shook as I held them in my hands. I tried to calm them down but he looked at me with more than a blank expression. He looked confused as he questioned me with his gaze. I looked up at him, trying to calm my hands as my emotions felt uncontrollable.
"____. Are you alright? You seem like you're sick-" He said as I interrupted him with a hug. I wanted his arms around me again. I held him. My arms resting on his shoulders as my cheek touched his. My chest on top of his as just inches of space were between us. I never wanted to let go.

He pushed me closer to him as our arms switched places. His arms were on my shoulders as his hand was on the back of my head. His warm hold that felt so emotional. My heart and his started beating faster at the same time. I felt his lips on my head. He kissed my head and whispered, "I hope you're not sick. We need to work together, and I cannot get sick. I hate overtime."

My life shall change more than just with my job. I know it. And William was the start of my new life. I..., think.