The Pain That Will Be Caused By William T. Spears

~Another Time Skip~

You're in William's office after the examinations and fittings of uniforms, glasses, etc.

"Alright I did your dam examinations, and I got the glasses, now can I go?" I said, extremely enraged by the ignorance that they think I was some 'Grim Reaper' or something like that. Now I'm brought into this stupid office in a pantsuit that is really comfortable and brown, with glasses that are thick with the sides being red and yellow and the rest being black and grey. I don't even know why they're doing this but they are.

"____. I understand that you're confused. But you must realize that you really are a Grim Reaper! Since we know this now,  you are now working with us. You had a shallow life and now you can have something more. I know you wanted to go to college when you were older but you're going to be in private training with my colleagues to catch up and make you an official Reaper. You will have more here, ___, and frankly it makes me sad to think that you wouldn't have had a better life if I didn't run into you in that alley," William said as he looked down like if he was ashamed he didn't find me faster. It seems he really was sad and genuine.
I respect that a lot but I still don't believe I am.

But you know what? Screw it!

This whole thing seems fun and my life was shit before. I wasn't that great of a singer and I never will be. I could at least have a life and more money than 50 dollars a month with a lot of side jobs. If they believe I am some Shinigami thing than I guess I'll use my acting skills and be the best one. I'll do my job and make friends and find love as a Shinigami. I'll come see my parents on holidays and say I got a temp job or something. It'll be great.

"Also, that pantsuit really looks nice on you. You look better than you did before in the alley," William said. "And I don't give out compliments."

"Thank you, Mr. Spears. I am sorry I was being rude and I fully accept that I am a Grim Reaper and I shall be doing my best to fulfill my duties and I shall be the best Reaper alongside your colleagues and you. I was quite annoyed but I realize I will have a better life here. Thank you for finding me," I said as I got up from the leather chair.

His whole office was quite interesting-the smell of lavender filling his office, the nice brown leather chairs, the sleek navy blue carpeting and mahogany wood desk with the most organized sections of his supplies I have ever seen a man have. His office was just as clean as he was. I got up from his leather chair and I put out my hand and shook it while saying,

"I wish this would have been our first encounter. I really was a major jerk before to you. I am really sorry, and I thank you for saving my life also. I realized I would have been dead if it wasn't for you." I said that truthfully. I am really not a bad person. I just don't have a great temper and I don't have a long fuse. That is what drinking will do to you.

"You're welcome, ____. I'm glad you can show your true self to the Dispatch now. I will be glad to work with you," William said, "And by the way, call me William. You don't need to call me Mr. Spears."

"Alright then, William! I will be glad to be in your command," I said as I chuckled.

Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought it would be. I might like this job.