Paperwork..., Oh God

William and I walked down to the dreaded paper work area for newcomers without an office. He didn't want me working in his office since he had work to do and he, quote, "didn't want to get distracted by emotions," whatever the hell that means. William T. Spears was an interesting fellow. He always tried to act so stoic and so brave and silent when all he did was the opposite.

He was sort of a pansy.

He was lanky, (but strong, so don't get me wrong,) shy, emotional and easily offended. I mention Sebastian's name and he goes into a rant about how Shinigami's shouldn't even MENTION a "disgusting demon's" name. To be honest even though Sebastian does eat souls, he isn't bad. He just makes my job a little easier.

"You shall be doing your work here, at this desk," William said with a cold glare as he pulled out the chair and put his hand out.

What the hell? This isn't a date.

Anyways, he pulled out the chair as he adjusted his glasses and pointed to my fate of long papers that I had no clue to write in. I guess that was supposed to be Alan and Eric's lesson. Well that isn't needed now, I think. I sat in the chair as William pushed it in. That was weird. He had his hand on my shoulder as I had my pencil in my ___ hand.

The desk was awkward and was made for a person with a dominant hand that wasn't mine. Fantastic. As I was about to write, his voice practically electrocuted my ears as he said, "Do we need to have a private lesson?" He took his hand off my shoulder and I felt cold.

I almost wanted his hand back there.

NO! I was dating Ronald, best friends with Grell and William was my co worker and possible friend.

Not him as my lover.

Or ANYTHING ELSE.

I did feel awkward when his hand left. I started to write down the victim's name as I noticed his picture wasn't a good one. It showed a bad side of him. He didn't look like the jolly man I had known for that short while. I started at his cold gaze in the mug shot of a photo.

William started muttering as I forgot that he was right behind me. I tensed up and he noticed. I heard a shuffle of feet as I started writing furiously.

I started writing everything on the sheet. It was almost like a resume for the dead. You wrote down the name, you had a picture, and then you wrote a description of his most memorable moments, etc., and I practically wrote a paper. If I was going to reap a soul and make him die when I feel like he shouldn't have, then I would commemorate his death in the paperwork in the most memorable way possible. I will do this for every soul that didn't deserve the outcome.

I could feel Mr.Spears' breath on my shoulder as I took off my blazer. I hunched over the paperwork, forgetting poise and posture as I finally finished. I got up abruptly as I grabbed my blazer and almost shouldered William as I put it onto my back, violently and passionately with ease and force. It was an influential movement because of what William had said, "wow."

That was all he said as I got up from the desk. I pushed myself out and almost threw the paper at William. I glared at him the way no one else dared. For I wasn't going to take his emotional 'cold glare' "I-can-act-like-a-douche-and-say-it-is-because-of-work," bullcrap. I looked at him as I murmured,

"Here is your dam paperwork, William," as I coldly smiled and walked off. I took my hair out of my prom do I had and I had my blazer over my dress. I held my blouse and my pants perfectly folded in my arm as I walked off. Someone followed me.

I started walking faster and faster, trying to get away as I was getting more annoyed. I didn't hear clicking so it wasn't Grell. I started running down the steps as the booming thunder voice came,

"Dammit, _____! Stop running like a child and talk to me if you're mad," William said, with his hair all messed up and his shoes all dirty. I wasn't even running.

"What, William? You expect me to be treated as a special person and then you hanging on me like a child is going to enforce it? What am I to you? I thought I was a colleague. I never treat my colleagues like fools, especially when I think they don't treat me like one. I am a dam Grim Reaper and I need some respect from you, even if I am a newcomer. A fresh catch. I am not an id-" I said as I got interrupted by a pair of lips and arms.

William's right arm was around my waist as his left hand was on my face. He kissed me abruptly, but he almost seemed naïve about it too. Like if he had never kissed anyone before. His glasses hurt against mine but I was fine with the discomfort. It reminded me of my first kiss. All sweet and innocent. No one knew what to do and it was so emotional. He finally let go as his face was red and flustered.

"You're intelligent and I like you. I told you that. If a kiss could make you be silent and not discriminate yourself and be wise, I will do it everyday if I have to," William said, trying to cover his face by adjusting his glasses.

This wasn't to hush me up. He was actually wanting to kiss me. But why? Was it because he saved me? Or that I was accidentally on top of him the first time we met?

"I'm also glad you were my first," he said with a quiet voice. "Now, your work is done for today, but please don't rush out like that again. We have to discuss your test to make you a certified Reaper," he said.

"Alright, William," I said as I moved closer to him. His hair looked ridiculous. I moved up and I slicked back his hair, which wasn't his usual hairstyle but it did make him look amazing. I must say, he was a handsome man, and he wasn't as lanky as I thought.

He grabbed my hand after I slicked his hair back. He looked at me and blushed. I looked up at him and I blushed a little too. He put his hand under my chin and his other hand played with my hair as he slowly kissed me on the cheek. His face was hot with blush as mine was red with the same temperature. He pulled away as our faces were close.

"Don't take this kiss personally," William said, with an almost expressionless face.
"What a bunch of crap," I said as I kissed him on the lips. This was going to be personal, and he knows it.