January

Lil info before we get started: this book takes place a year after Loners. Awsten and Mars are no longer together because of something that occurred 6 months ago. Due to Awsten being gone, Mars started self harm again.

This chapter takes place during Mars' third cut in the month of January.

Tw:self harm, blood

Mars' POV

I did it...again.

You wanna know why? Probably not but I'll tell you anyway. Awsten's birthday is coming up. January 17, how could I forget? It's on the same day as mine. (Their bday is Nov. 17)

I watched as the blood slid down my wrists for the third time this month. Dad had gone out for groceries and everyone else was in the pool.

I licked away the blood from my wrist. I like the taste of metal. I grabbed a bandaid and put it on the cuts, then I heard the front door open and close. Dad's back.

I quickly pulled my sleeves down and put the blades away. Then I walked out the bathroom and downstairs, putting on my best fake smile as I walked into the kitchen.

"Got your Oreos," Dad smiled, handing them to me.

"Thanks," I said, grabbing the pack and eating one. I put them up in one of the cupboards where I had all my other sweets stashed and then tried to 'very sneakily' make my way back upstairs.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Dad asked me.

"Nowhere," I told him, half lying. I was just going back to my room to bury myself under my blankets and do literally nothing for the rest of the day.

He eyed me suspiciously but shrugged it off and went back to putting the groceries away. "You're gonna have to get out of the house sooner or later Mars," he said sternly yet, softly.

"I vote later," I retorted.

He rolled his eyes, "you know what I mean."

Yes, I do. He's telling me that I have to get over Awsten and go do something. The thing is, I can't. I can't go outside knowing his house is just a couple blocks away, knowing that he could be on any corner I take.

"I know Dad, I'll go for a run or something when it gets warmer," I told him, probably not gonna happen.

He smiled and nodded. It seemed he didn't have anything else to say so I went back upstairs and to my room. I sat on my bed, thinking. It'll be a while until I get over him.

I laid down and pulled one of my blankets over me. I sighed and stared at the ceiling, all my thoughts naturally flowed back to my memories of him. Awsten.

Why can't I just forget about him and move on?

I don't need him anymore, I'm 15 now. I don't need to love him to live.

You know what? I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna go out, past his house.

Face your fears Mars.

I got up on my feet and slid my shoes on and put on some joggers and a hoodie. I walked to my door and put my hand on the handle. But...

I couldn't do it, no matter how bad I wanted to.

I sighed and threw off the hoodie and shoes, leaving me in only my binder and joggers.

I'll probably never leave the house again unless someone literally drags my ass out.

Knock knock.

"Come in," I called.

The door opened and Colson slid into my room. "KELLS!!" I jumped off my bed and ran into his arms.

"Damn, you got taller!" He laughed, hugging me.

I guess I did get a little bit of a growth spurt since I last saw him. He's still a giraffe compared to me though. "Wow, what's it been? Like 5 months," he let me go and got a good look of me.

"Yeah, pretty much," I smiled, one of the first genuine ones I've smiled since.....you know.

He smiled back and plopped down on my bed. "So, how's life," he asked. I sighed and slugged down next to him, lying down on my back. "Shitty."

"Sounds about right," he lied on his back as well. "What's making your life so 'shitty'?"

I turned to look at him, surprised. "You haven't heard?"

He gave me a confused look. "Heard....what?"

I took a deep breath and swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat.

"Um.....Awsten," I sighed, it hurt just to say his name.

"Awsten cheated on me."

////::::;;::::////:;://///:;:///:;:://////:;;;://///:;://////:;::;;/////:;::///////:;:////

Yeah, yeah

I know this chapter was short and honestly terrible but the rest of this book will be good

I have a plan for it unlike my others

Luv y'all

Byeee🤘

🖤🖤