Die for a Night

WHADDUP BADDIES?!?!?

I know, it's been awhile. i'm so so so so sorry.

anyways, here's the chapter.

Tw: depression, memories of rape, anxiety

Mars' POV

"Mars, wake up luv."

I slowly inched back to reality, gathering my thoughts. I opened my eyes, the known view of blinding lights, myself in a hospital bed and Dad sat beside me.

It's all too familiar.

"Hey, luv. Welcome back." Dad smiled, tears in his eyes.

"Hi..." I cringed at my dry voice.

Dad passed me a water bottle and I took a sip. It was too quiet in here. I hate it.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked him, putting the water bottle on the table next to us.

"In the lobby. Do you want them to come in?" He questioned. I shook my head. They'll only try to take advantage of me too. Wait what? No, they wouldn't do that. They're my family.

Awsten would.

No, not you. I thought you were finally gone. Just leave me alone.

"Mars? Are you alright, luv?" Dad questioned, reaching his arm out to rub my shoulder.

Without thinking I slapped his hand away and whispered, "please don't touch me."

He looked at me nervously. We've been through a similar situation before. This time, though, it's too much for me to handle. Not even Dad can help.

"Okay." He murmured. "Are you okay?" He asked me again, his eyes scanning over the bruises on my arms and shoulders leading to my chest which was covered with bandages.

"No Dad, I-I'm really n-not o-kay.." I mumbled, tears starting to fall from both mine and Dad's eyes.

He sniffled, trying to push the tears back. "I know Mars. I'm so fooking sorry, I shoulda been there. I will fooking kill that bastard if it's the last fing I do, okay? I promise I won't ever let this happen to you again."

I sobbed, trying to keep the tears in. "d-don't make promises you can't keep."

*later*

I was released from the hospital after they ran some tests on me. My mind feels blank right now, despite the flashbacks of last night and the pain running everywhere in my body. They put me on some really heavy pain meds, but they're not doing much.

Awsten looks worse than I do, though, trust me on that. I guess he found the guy after Dad and Tom chased him off. He got beat up pretty bad afterwards, but Adam found him and together they kicked the shit out of him.

Now I'm just staring at the ceiling in my room. Awsten went out, said he had to run some errands. Dad, Adam, and Tom are all down in the studio working on a song. They keep checking in on me regularly, mainly Dad. I kinda just wanna die, not like suicide or anything. I wanna disappear, just for tonight. Go out and cause havoc or whatever. I wanna forget about the pain and feel something, anything else.

There were two knocks on the door. "Come in," I called, not bothering to see who it was.

"Hey Mars, look who I found." I heard Awsten's soft voice as the door opened and he walked inside my room. I looked at him and smiled at what he held in his arms. Pepsi.

"Found it in the studio," he said, handing them to me.

I held it close as Aws sat on the edge of my bed. He made sure he was a comfortable distance from me.

"How are ya holding up?" He asked me.

I sighed, "fine, I guess. I kinda just wanna disappear right now, step away from the harsh reality of my life, y'know?"

He nodded understandably, his eyes scanning over the bruises that lay everywhere on my body. "Do you need anything?"

A hug.

"I'm good, thank you though."

He nodded again and gave me a slight smile before standing up and walking to my door. My only distraction is about to get away, I can't let that happen.

"Wait Aws."

I got off of my bed, probably for the first time in hours, which I kinda regretted cause it hurt like shit. Ignoring the pain, I pushed my body against him, attaching my lips to his. He kissed back for a second before pushing me away.

"Mars, no. As much as I want that, we can't." he said sternly.

I rolled my eyes, going back to my bed and laying down. Everyone is treating me like a child now. Just because I'm mentally exhausted and broken doesn't mean I can't make choices for myself.

"Whatever, Awsten." I mumbled, turning away from him.

"Mars don't be like that. It's not right, and you know it." He insisted, coming closer to me.

"I don't care Awsten, just leave me alone." I muttered. He came closer reaching his hand out to touch my shoulder.

"Mars-"

"I said leave me alone, Awsten. What do you not understand about that? Go!" I snapped, shoving his hand away. I pulled my legs up to my chest and rocked myself back and forth, my breathing becoming shaky and my breaths shorter.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, Mars. I'm right here, you're okay." He soothed, "Tell me what you need."

"A hug." I croaked.

"Are you comfortable with that?" He asked. I nodded.

He cautiously got into the bed with me, wrapping his arms around me and holding me close. I began to calm down with his touch, feeling safe in his arms. He rubbed circles around my shoulder with one hand, his other running through my hair. Eventually I came out of my ball and wrapped my arms around his waist, laying my head against his chest.

I'm really not okay.

////;//;////;/;/::/:/;:;/:/;/:/://///;//;/;/;::/;:;/;//////;://;/;/;;;:;/;/;/;/;/;/:::://;//////;;/;/;///////;/;/:///;/;/:/;/;;:;//;/;/

hey

sorry for the hiatus

i'll try and update as often as possible

🖤🖤