SELF-SABOTAGE

Tw: cheating, self harm and.....depression??

Mars' POV

Waterparks releases new song: SELF-SABOTAGE

I read that on the tv, right below a picture of Awsten with.....red hair? Was not expecting that.

"Awsten Knight shares with us what this new song is about," Some random news lady said.

The screen changed to a clip of an interview with Awsten, Geoff and Otto. "So Awsten, can you tell the people what this new song is about?" An interviewer asked, handing Awsten a mic.

"Uhh yeah...." Fuck, that was the first time I've heard him speak in so long.

"So...this song is about a very...very big mistake I made. I lost the person I love most in this world because of that mistake. I-I deeply regret it, really I do. If they're watching this....

I'm sorry. I really am," he looked into the camera but, it felt like he was looking at me. Like he knew I was looking right back.

The camera flipped back to the news lady and that's when I turned away from the tv. "I have to listen to that song," I spoke determinedly, my voice cracking a bit since I was choking back some tears.

"Luv, that's not a good idea," Dad warned.

I shook my head, "I don't care, I'm doing it anyway. I'll be in my room if you need me."

With that, I left them and headed up to my room and shut the door behind me. I found my phone laying on my bed and grabbed it along with my earbuds. I connected them and then opened Spotify, typing in the band.

Waterparks.

The song immediately popped up along with a picture of Geoff, Otto and...him. I slipped my earbuds in, took a deep breath and then pressed on the song.

Fuck.

Dad was right, this was a bad idea.

I figured Awsten was going to lie about what happened but, he didn't. He sang about exactly what happened.

Why do I feel bad for him?

I-I should be mad at him but, why am I feeling sympathy for him?

Maybe I should text him. Maybe he'll apologize to me and just me, not the rest of the world. Maybe we could actually be friends or...what we were before.

Yeah right Mars, you know that would never happen. He probably has me blocked anyway.

I do remember his number and I think I have his Mom's too. I got out of the Spotify app and clicked on the messages app and then....Awsten's contact.

I looked at the last message I ever sent him.

Me: I fucking hate you Awsten. I can't believe I actually thought you cared about me. Don't ever fucking talk to me again.

Wow. Definitely didn't feel sympathy for him back then. I clicked his profile picture and scrolled down.

 I clicked his profile picture and scrolled down