Prologue

𝘐𝘯 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵...

"𝘔𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘥."

"𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘺."

𝘔𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯.

~*~

It was a dark and stormy night... or rather, it felt like it.

It was actually a quite average night. The sound of crickets filled the air as they did every night. The air was slightly cold, leaving goosebumps to anyone who fell victim to its breeze. The moon shone bright, only a day's time until a full moon.

And yet despite the average night, a girl walked through the hallways of Night Raven College. All the sophomores and juniors were asleep in their dorms, and she wished she was one of them... asleep.

Glancing upward at the clock above the staff washroom, the girl let out a long sigh, her shoulders drooping. She then fixed the wrinkles on her Ceremonial Robes, knowing her partner would never accept them as proper before rushing down the hallway. The orientation was about to continue, and she couldn't afford to be late and leave a bad first impression of her dorm to her new students.

This night was special. Why? Well, it was the night the freshmen would arrive and be assigned to their dorms. It was a VERY lengthy process, which is why they had a break halfway through, giving her time to rush to the restroom. It was astonishing, really. They were only through half the freshmen and it was already MIDNIGHT.

Never mind that--- With her long, purple-grey coloured hair tied up into a ponytail above her left ear that reached her butt flowing through the air, she hastily made her way back to the Mirror Chamber, her tall heels clacking against the stone flooring. She must hurry. After all, the ceremony would resume in two minutes.

With one minute left on the clock, the girl's amethyst eyes widened in shock when they were met with a pair of eyes that shone like emeralds locking with hers. There stood another girl by the entrance to the chamber; she was very short, yet the tall purple-grey haired girl still felt intimidated by her presence... even though the tiny girl was smiling in utter relief.

"You made it!" The short girl cheered, a large grin on her face. The taller girl let out a massive sigh of relief through her rosy lips, "Yeah..."

The short girl quickly turned on her heel and opened the entrance door, her jet black hair cut down to the middle of her neck whipping through the air at lightning speed. The taller girl smiled softly as she followed her in.

The two made their way past the massive lines and to the front, where the Dark Mirror laid. The girls split their separate ways, taking their spots next to their to their respective men.

"You are just on time." Riddle Rosehearts, Housewarden of Heartslabyul, told the purple-grey haired girl, his eyes never leaving the multiple lines before them. His betrothed, Regan Gray, smirked, glad that she was on time... this time.

"The lines are nowhere close to done..." Vanessa Crowley heavily sighed, her emerald eyes tiredly glaring up at the short boy next to her. Despite him being short, he was still taller than her. Lilia Vanrouge, Vice-Housewarden of Diasomnia, chuckled with a smirk. "I know, my dear Nessa. I could be getting my beauty sleep right about now..."