Chapter 3: Gamer Rage

A long sigh escaped the rosy lips of Regan Gray. Her shoulders drooped before she ultimately plopped into her desk chair, propping her elbows up on her desk and resting her cheeks in her hands.

What was going on with Riddle?

Despite consoling Trey and Cater last night about their Housewarden, the two boys reassured her that although they knew this was something to be worried about... everything would be just fine.

She had screamed into her pillow once she got back to her room last night.

Did they know something she didn't??

Or is it just a boy thing...

It didn't matter, because she didn't want to think about it. She just wanted to play some games. Recently, a new PvP battle royale game released where teams made up of two people had to take down nine other teams. Depending on how many wins and losses you get, you gain or lose medallions.

She currently had a pretty high medallion count, so she couldn't afford to start sucking at the game.

And because of how stressed she was with Riddle...

This would be the perfect distraction! ... and also the best punching bag for all her anger and frustration. She already finished her daily routine at the gardens an hour ago, so she was pretty much free for the rest of the day.

As a way of having something to participate in at the school—and also as a way for the Headmage to exploit them—Regan's job at the school is watching and taking care of the botanical gardens. Meanwhile, Vanessa is responsible for assisting the head nurse in the infirmary, and when there is no need to assist, she helps manage the library alongside the librarian.

Logging into the game, her gamertag, 'miku' hovered above her character customization screen for a few seconds before fading away. She put on her usual skin and accessories before pressing, 'CONNECT'. Her screen loaded, and in a few seconds she was in a team with someone named, 'Gloomurai'.

"You ready to K.O. these losers?" the voice on the other side of the mic chuckled madly into his own mic. 

"Yep— Where do you wanna get mats first?" Regan asked the stranger.... though no response came. It was... odd.

"Did you hear me, Gloomurai?" Regan repeated. Maybe she had just cut out.

But then came even more dead silence. Their two avatars were just staring at each other... awkwardly—

"Why is your voice like that?"

"Huh?" Regan raised an eyebrow, not expecting that at all. "Why is your voice so high? Are you doing an anime girl impression?"

"I am a girl."

"Hehe." the boy on the other side chuckled, "What are you, some femboy?"

"No, I have a vag."

"Ok sure."

What the fuck is going on?!?! Regan screamed in her head as she followed Gloomurai toward the specific map's largest skyscraper. It was this map's most infamous location for being located with not only loot, but also traps and NPC guards... and other teams. Though the NPC's were easy to take care of.

"You sure heading to Telfer is smart?" Regan questioned the stranger, who just scoffed. "People aren't prob gonna go'ta Telfer because they think people will go. So we're going."

Regan groaned a sigh away from her mic, but Gloomurai still heard it. "Fine. With your win streak, I'll trust you on this."

Swinging across buildings using a game-collab ability, they easily reached the top of Telfer with the power of being ✨PTW✨