Chapter 20: Many Existential Crises

"Okay, I know the reps have already been chosen, but... How is drawing lots REMOTELY fair?!" Ace screeched a whine like a pouty toddler, crashing his back into the wall and sliding down onto the floor. He alongside Deuce, Cater, and Trey were present in the Housewarden's room alongside Riddle and Regan, who were packing their belongings; Deuce was going to pack his stuff after they were done.

Deuce crossed his arms and angrily glared at the boy sulking on the wooden floor, "Oh, get over it, Ace. You're just jealous that you didn't get picked." "Maaan! It doesn't make sense that Deuce of all people gets to represent the school! My grades are higher AND I'm a pro at schmoozing. I'm obviously the better pick."

"Indoor voice, Ace." Riddle glared his freshman down with a stern look before returning to his suitcase, "You're distracting me from my packing." Ace pouted with a huff, crossing his arms from his spot on the floor. "Yeah, the packing you're doing because you also won the raffle--!"

Feeling done with the whining, Regan loudly groaned a sigh and her head shot up to the sky from her suitcase that was laid out on top of her and Riddle's bed next to his suitcase. "Ugh-- Oh my God, Ace. Relax and suck it up." She looked over her shoulder to the younger boy on the ground with a hand on her hip before getting back to packing as she talked. "You got a fair chance at going just as everyone else did, including Riddle."

"Says you, Regan!" Ace fired back... and Regan froze in place. The rest of the boys--even Riddle--stared at Ace in utter shock, bewildered that he was confident in pissing of their Housewarden's significant other. But in the moment, he didn't care-- "You only get to go because Riddle was chosen, not because your name was drawn! You didn't even earn your spot--"

... Regan's head shot around at Ace in an instance. Her face was dark, and her eyes were pure white. In almost an instant, she appeared before Ace on the ground, crouching down in front of him with her terrifying expression staring right at him, their faces only inches apart; She was very athletic, and had only been getting better now that she's been training with Jack every-so often.

"Wanna repeat that again for me."

"N-N-N-No, ma'am..." A completely terrified Ace stuttered a response, feeling his pits beginning to excessively sweat. He swore in that moment he would've pissed himself.

"Ugh." Cater sighed a groan with his hand placed on the back of his neck, "Kinda sucks I didn't make the cut either. Fleur City would've been, like, the hottest of all Magicam hotspots!" The ginger then glanced over at Trey, who was staring at him with a relaxed smile. "Couldn't you just stop by there the next time you go home to the Shaftlands?

Cater sighed once again, this time in disappointment, as his shoulders fell slightly. "You don't get it, Trey. I have to go during the once-a-year festival. Otherwise what's even the point?" "Yeah, I wanted to party it up at the festival too." Ace nodded with a hum, deciding to stand up from his spot on the ground. Regan had returned to packing her stuff just as Cater begun talking, so he was a free man.

Trey huffed a chuckle as he pressed his thumb and index finger to his forehead, "Good grief. Maybe it's better that Deuce, Riddle and Regan are the reps from our dorm. At least they take these things seriously. Guys, make sure you're not forgetting anything. Did you pack your toothbrushes?" the Vice Housewarden now turned his gaze to Deuce, who nervously chuckled. "Trey, you've asked that seven times now."

"Despite the Headmage's pitch, the purpose of this visit is to attend the social. Not to goof around." Riddle stated to his Heartslabyul students with a hand on his waist and the other pressed to his chest, "This is a fine opportunity to learn what manner of curriculum is offered at other arcane academies. Since I'm representing Night Raven College, I must ensure I comport myself accordingly." The red head looked to his fiancée with a determined smile, and she returned the gesture with a sweet smile and a nod.