Chapter 10: Hunting Season

"Trey?" the quiet murmur from a pair of rosy lips filled his room. A thin finger pocked at his forehead, and Trey Clover rubbed his eyes, his half-lidded eyes meeting with a pair of amethyst ones. Even if he was almost entirely blind since his glasses were off, that striking purple told him everything he needed to know.

"How are you feeling?" Regan asked him as he reached his hand over to his nightstand, wandering around the furniture to find his glasses. But he wasn't anywhere close to grabbing them, and instead another pair of hands grabbed them for him. Standing next to Regan, the boy leaned over and placed the glasses onto the brim on his nose. Trey was startled by such an action, but nevertheless tucked the temples of his glasses behind his ears.

The world now was clear to the boy, and his warm hazel eyes widened when they were met with a pair of green eyes very close to his, their noses almost touching. Trey sharply gasped under his breath, jolting upward on his mattress as a light pink blazed across his cheeks. The ginger simply blinked twice, not having realized how close he had been to Trey.

"You ok, Trey? You're all pink." Cater Diamond asked with widened eyes, scared that he was also getting sick on top of being injured. Trey quickly looked away from his best friend, biting down on his lower lip. "I'm fine, Cater..."

Watching this mess behold before her, Regan proudly smirked with satisfied, crossed arms.

"Hmm..." Cater hummed out loud, but ultimately shrugged with a sly smile as he took out his phone. "Well, if ya say so."

Cater had now gotten back to checking his recent post on Magicam, all the while Regan sat down on Trey's bed next to him, leaning in close to his bandaged ankle with a curious look on her face. Vanessa had already treated him at the nurses office today, along with many other students. Her and the school nurse have been really busy as of late, and yet she still did an amazing job on his ankle.

"Well, I'm not gonna pretend to know if its getting better or not." Regan sat up with a shrug of her arms and a sigh. Trey couldn't help but giggle at her remark, "Don't worry, Reg. If it gets more painful, I'll re-visit Lady Vanessa."

The girl nodded with a hum, content with his decision. Unlike many of the students here at NRC, Trey's not really afraid to admit when he needs help. If this were, to say, Ace or Deuce she was looking after right now, there would be no convincing them to head back to the nurse's office if they needed to... ESPECIALLY Ace--

Suddenly, the door to Trey's room was slammed open, and the three teens jumped at the loud banging against the wall. Cater silently cursed himself for not locking the door, since Riddle could've come back at any time. But now that decision had bitten him in the ass.

At the doorframe stood Deuce, Ace, and the prefect and Grim, all of them panting messes.

Ah. Speak of the devils.

While Ace and Grim had been discussing the suspicious accidents happening to the Spelldrive contestants, Deuce had rushed in, all panicked, to tell them that Trey fell down the stairs and was really hurt. Thinking this couldn't have been an accident since it isn't really in Trey's nature to get distracted and slip, they decided to go visit him.

Maybe the perpetrator they were looking for had attacked Trey?

"Yo, man-- How's it going?" Ace ran over to Trey alongside Deuce, who had a terrified look in his bright cyan eyes. "How are you feeling, Trey??"

Upon seeing his lovely first years, Cater giggled loudly with a bright smile. "Well, if it isn't Hunting Season! And Grim and Yuu, too! You're rolling deep today." Next to him snarked Regan, who found that nickname hysterical.