Chapter 2: Concern

(as a reference, vanessa is the exact height as epel. so imagine epel next to the leech's 😨)

Today was such a beautiful day. The sun hit the the Lady as she opened the library's front doors. Taking in the smell of summer, her eyes still closed, she was confused as to why the sun had suddenly disappeared.

So she opened her eyes... and found two very tall boys standing over her. For anyone else they would've looked so incredibly intimidating, but for Vanessa...

"Jadie! Floydie!" she jumped onto the twins, wrapping her arms around their torsos as her face was shoved into their upper chests. Floyd obsessively giggled while Jade hummed a soft chuckle. The two embraced her back before Jade ultimately released the hug, making his brother and the Lady pout.

"Now, shall we escort you to the cafeteria?" "Yes, thank you so much!" she gave them a little curtsey with her mini skirt. Jade firmly bowed with a hand to his chest, while Floyd shoved his hands into his pockets with a toothy grin.

Silver and Sebek, her bodyguards that escorted her everywhere, had been called in for an Equestrian Club emergency, so that was the reason behind her asking Jade and Floyd to escort her.

Following right behind her, like dogs following their owner, the three made their way down Main Street and into the school. As they walked through the hall, they received many stares from other students. The Leech twins were already infamously terrifying throughout all of campus, but seeing them soften toward Lady Vanessa?

Everyone knew that if they messed with the Lady of Diasomnia, you would mess with them.

And the same happened at the cafeteria; Everyone was staring at the two massive boys towering over the tiny Lady.

While Vanessa was getting her food, the boys stood up straight behind her... well, for Floyd he was still slanted but nearly not as much as he usually is, so he was technically standing up straight. They were ready for if anyone tried to do anything to her... which they would be stupid enough to do in a massive room full of many students and especially in front of the Leech twins.

Vanessa insisted they grab their trays as well, but they refused until she was sat down with her group. It had taken some time, but the Leech twins saw Vanessa as a little sister. She was so much smaller and much more fragile than them... and she was so kind. They really did enjoy her company.

"Do you boys think I can go see Azul before I head to my table?" the blackette asked the tall, almost identical twins, who were more than happy to do so. They enjoyed seeing their good friend and boss flustered in the Lady's presence... and they especially loved to tease him about it.

"I fail to see why not." Jade smiled warmly while his brother gave off a big, toothy smile. Vanessa brightly smiled, thanking the two before turning on her heel to Azul. However—

"Allow me to take that for you." Jade swiftly took the tray in the Lady's hands, the fabric of his gloved fingers brushing against hers ever-so softly. "J-Jadie, it's alright—" "No, I insist." he sternly replied, even though his lips held a warm smile.

"Geeeez, Vanie, you don't have to be so stubborn. Let us help ya!" Floyd whined as Jade took the tray into his own hands. Vanessa huffed a chuckle, apologizing.

The Lady now lead the twins to where Azul sat. The Housewarden seemed very interested in what was on his phone since he was staring very closely at it... No, literally, he had his left eye right up to it.

"Careful, Azul-- Your eyes are already damaged." Vanessa's stern mother voice made Azul jump away from his phone, slamming his phone down on the table.