Chapter 1: Midnight Snack

It was the middle of the night. There was no noise in the air. The dorm was completely silent, and not even the crickets chirped in the fresh air. It was dead silent.

And it only made Regan Gray's mind spiral harder.

The sleepy yet fully awake girl sat up from underneath the covers, propping her elbows against the mattress to hold herself up. Her expression dropped into one that clearly read: 'Are you serious?' Because her fiancé was still sitting on the chair he had pulled up next to the giant, heart window that showed off the view of the entire Rose Maze, one leg placed over the other and a teacup in his hand.

He'd been there for hours now-- It was starting to irritate Regan.

"Riddlllle..."  the sleepy girl groaned, combing her fingers through her long, tangled hair in an attempt to straighten it out. "Come to beeeed..." The red haired boy swiftly glanced over to his lover, the tea in the cup not even stirring around the walls of the glass. He took in the sight of the girl in his bed, hair tangled, pajamas wrinkled, and eyes open wide and red. She clearly was exhausted but couldn't fall asleep.

Letting a soft sigh escape his peach lips, Riddle stood up from his seat and placed his teacup down on the nearby table, before he took a stand next to Regan's bedside. He was still in his dorm uniform and looked the exact opposite of his lover: neat and tidy, and not drooling from the tips of his mouth.

Her excessively hot hands snatched the clothing covering his arm, tugging it towards her. "Get in bed." "Join me for one of Trey's tarts." Riddle calmly fired back instantly, which made Regan furrow an eyebrow in confusion. It took her a second, but nevertheless...

"*sigh* You know what..." the tired girl grumbled as she shoved the covers off herself and placed her bare feet on the ground, standing up. Riddle's head tilted downwards to meet her eyes. Boy, was he relieved he was in heels, or she would be the one looking down at him. Her head crashed onto his chest, and he instinctively placed a hand on her hip and another on the back of her head, running his gloved fingers through her tangled hair. "Sure. I'll join you."

Riddle warmly smiled, releasing his grip on her waste and hair and snatching her hand, leading her toward the door. Regan was too tired to worry about anyone seeing her messy-self like this— all she wanted now was one of Trey's tarts.

However, when they neared the kitchen...

They heard a voice.

Regan instantly jumped awake.

Riddle's heart jumped. Who was so idiotic to be awake at this hour?!?! He would have their head.

Upon entering the kitchen did they find a freshmen snacking on one of Trey's tarts. Regan's jaw dropped.

This guy was fucking dead.

"Mmph... SO good! I'm in pastry paradise right now!" Ace Trappola, or otherwise known as the freshman idiot dumb enough to eat one of Riddle's pastries, hummed in delight.

"Of course they're good. Trey made them. His tarts are always exceptional." Riddle decided to speak up, and the freshman nonchalantly responded without looking to see who it was, as if responding on impulse.

"Yeah, but I mean-- These are CRAZY good! Like, he could sell these at--" Now that he turned around, his face twisted into a look of pure horror. "Wait-- Housewarden?!?!"

"That you would think to touch something of MINE... Well, I'm impressed with your audacity, at least." Riddle glared bullets at the freshmen, his eyes full of so much hatred that even the Great Seven may had feared the look in his eyes. The shorter boy firmly crossed his arms, raising his voice despite the time of night. "But the Queen of Hearts' rule 89 is quite clear. 'Never eat a tart without the Queen's permission.' The theft of tarts is a serious crime!"