Chapter 11: Nothing But Anxiety

Upon entering the courtyard at the NRC building, Cater scanned the area whilst simultaneously checking his phone. Nodding to himself with a hum, he turned to face the group, "Next on Cay-Cay's big list of potential targets are Jade Leech and his twin brother Floyd. They're both sophomores at Octavinelle House. Word is, they work so well together on the field that other teams don't know how to counter them."

"The twins are also very close with Vanessa, and are well-known for that." Regan added, and Cater nodded in agreement. The girl then pointed over to the two very tall students that stood out like sore thumbs, "That's them over there."

Grim gasped, "Whoa! They have, like, the exact same face!" "Is it just me, or do they make all the other students look tiny in comparison? They're giants!" Ace huffed with crossed arms, noticing how tall the tweels were compared to two Scarabia boys they walked past.

"Being that big is a huge advantage for them." Regan told the pouty freshman next to her, and his eyes darted over to her in curiosity as she continued. "Nobody dares to even approach Vanessa whenever they're around. Hell, I know that many students don't even approach her period because they're afraid of what those twins will do to them." "Whoa..." Ace's jaw dropped. Although he was shocked by this information, it actually made total sense to him.

Deuce nervously looked back and forth from the twins and to Riddle, feeling quite panicked. "So what do we think? Could they be in danger?" In response, Riddle calmly crossed his arms, "I don't know about that. If I were the culprit, I'd save them for last. Just look at those two. I wouldn't want to get anywhere near them... especially Floyd."

"Aaaah~! What is UP, Goldfishie?"

Riddle's eyes drastically widened and he jumped out from his spot behind the bushes. Floyd Leech was right in front of them.

"Ah—! He spotted us!" the red head yelped out of pure fear. Finding pure enjoyment in the scared tiny Housewarden, Floyd grinned happily, placing a hand nonchalantly on his hip. "What brings you to our humble abode, huh? Playing hide-and-seek? Sounds like fun."

Riddle stared at the MUCH taller boy, anger beginning to mix in with the fear he felt. Floyd always ticked him the wrong way, and he never felt comfortable around him. Feeling his instinct take over, without taking his eyes off his fellow sophomore, he grabbed Regan's hand from next to Deuce and pulled her right up next to him.

"F-Floyd..." he stuttered a response as he immediately wrapped his arm around his fiancée's waist, holding her so close to him that their bodies were smushed together. "I've asked you several times to stop calling me by strange nicknames."

"But you're so small and red! How are you NOT a goldfish??" Floyd whined just before his eyes wandered over to the girl next to the Housewarden, "And you're clinging to Sea Anemone, too! Aha ha ha! Like a little fish clinging to its home!"

Riddle growled under his lip, feeling attacked by his statement. Regan quickly moved her hand up to his back and rubbed it continuously... all the while as she giggled nervously. Riddle was mad, and that made her fear for everyone's lives... including hers.

"This guy seems like he's a few cans short of a tuna casserole." Grim mumbled to Ace, Deuce, and Yuu, who all rapidly nodded in agreement.

"A talking cat?" Floyd's interest now peered over to Grim, a sleazy smirk on his lips. "Now THAT'S something you don't see every day! Can I squeeze you 'til you pop?" "Uh, no?! Stay away from me, weirdo!" Grim spat back, his eyes going white.

"My, it would appear a contingent from Heartslabyul House has paid us a little visit." Jade Leech, who had been silently observing his brother have a little fun from slightly behind, had now decided to intervene when he noticed that Cater was looking from him and Floyd and back to his phone repeatedly. "Here to assess the competition in advance of the Spelldrive tournament, perhaps?" "Nah. We... can't really go into it, though." Cater shook his head with a nervous grin.