Chapter 12: Hiding How We Truly Feel

Today had been an exhausting day. Trying to chase down the culprit all the while protecting those he could attack had Regan WIPED by 5 p.m. After falling asleep in Riddle's arms, she was confused as to how she got in their bed back at Heartslabyul. Rubbing her eyes, she checked the alarm clock and realized that she slept through dinner.

Her first thought was, Oh fuck-- Riddle's gonna be pissed at me for sleeping through dinner!!!

But then, a confused "Huh?" left her lips when she quickly realized... Wait... Where is Riddle? He always fetches me for dinner if I'm not down there ten minutes prior--

Suddenly, the door to the bedroom slowly creaked open, and Regan was so startled that she immediately sat up, pulling the covers up to the bottom of her nose. It was then she realized she was still in her school uniform but her dress jacket was off.

A pair of bluish-grey eyes peaked through the crack of the door and upon noticing the very awake Regan, they widened slightly. The door was now hastily opened, revealing the shocked girl's fiancé.

"Did you enjoy your nap?" Riddle gently smiled at her as he closed the door behind him, only making the girl more confused. "R-Riddle...?"

"Yes, rose?" the red headed Housewarden approached her without the gentle smile on his lips failing to disappear. He took a seat next to her sheet-covered body on the mattress, bringing his hand up to brush her nose with his thumb.

"Why didn't you wake me up for dinner?" she quietly asked, her voice muffled from the bed covers over her mouth. The panic in her eyes were genuine, and it honestly made Riddle giggle. "I wanted you to get some rest."

"... Huh."

Regan stared at him, completely baffled. He had really just said that.

In the midst of her shock, Regan scoffed a chuckle, giving her fiancé a lousy smirk. "That's a first."

Riddle's face instantly went red, not from anger but rather from blushing. However, Regan had mastered the ability to distinguish his angry red and flustered red, so she wasn't scared if he was mad.

Letting out a quick sigh, she jumped out of bed with her bare feet hitting the wooden floor. Riddle watched her as she walked over to their shared closet and started pulling out a red t-shirt, black leggings, and her white and lily-coloured running  shoes. The Housewarden tilted his head in confusion. What was she doing?

"Aren't you going to eat dinner, beloved?" he asked her, catching the girl behind the room diver off guard, although he couldn't see it. Whenever eating dinner, the students were required to either wear their dorm uniform or school uniform. This was a rule for all dorms.

"Actually, I'm heading out to meet a friend. I'll just have some snacks there." Regan told him as she now stepped out from behind the room divider, an embarrassed grin on her face. "Your shirts fit me perfectly which rules. When Vanessa wears Malleus' shirts, they're so big they go down to her thighs..!" she laughed.

Riddle hadn't noticed it earlier, but the shirt she had picked out was indeed one of his. Due to his torso size (he's small lmao) his looser shirts fit Regan perfectly.

She hadn't noticed it at all, but he was staring. Hard.

The way his shirt perfectly folded around her curves, the way it hugged her upper arms splendidly, the way it fit her small breasts nicely—

He rapidly shook his head, Cease these indecent thoughts, Riddle!! 

Coughing into his fist to get rid of those thoughts completely, Riddle decided to ask, "And who are you going to see? Vanessa?"