Chapter 15: Masterfully Fooled

On the PA System, the announcer's voice now rang throughout Night Raven College, welcoming everyone and thanking them for their patience, before stating that the players will be entering the stadium momentarily, which was followed by a tremendous amount of cheers.

They then announced that first up will be last year's champion, Diasomnia, and the crowd went nuts once again. However, for one individual, this meant the start of Leona Kingscholar's diabolical plan...

"Ooh, what a crowd! It should be plenty large enough..." Ruggie let out his signature giggle just as he pulled out a bottle from his pocket. "First, to drink Azul's potion... Urk?!" He now gagged at the taste, wiping his mouth with his glove. "Blech! What IS this?! It's awful! It's like... stew someone aged in gym sock. Urgh... Okay, get it together, Ruggie. Let's go. Time to fire off my signature spell... Let's send the audience running like a stampede of wildebeests! Okay, folks... 'Laugh With Me!'"

All of a sudden, many audience members had their bodies being controlled, and they were being forced by Ruggie to charge at the Spelldrive players. Everyone was screaming out of fear and/or yelling for help, and rightfully so.

The person on the PA System expressed their concern and begged everyone to calm down, as drastic screams filled the area.

"Whoa... Azul's potion is insane! Look at how many people I can control at once!" Ruggie weakly chuckled to himself in the midst of long, hard pants. "*pant* I don't know how many more... *pant* ...I can handle, but this...should be enough! Let's see what you do now! Surely you wouldn't use magic against civilians? You're the Prince of the Fae, Malleus. Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't dare! So get squashed instead! Shyeheehee!"

The PA System now announced how the stampeding spectators were now heading straight for the Diasomnia players and begged everyone to run away.

And from the safe spot that he controlled his mess, Ruggie heard two Diasomnia students, one with silver hair and the other with bright green hair, screaming for Malleus and that they were too late to save him as they were crushed by the crowd.

"It worked!" Ruggie cheered as he weakly shot a pumped fist to the sky, "Exactly as we planned it!"

~*~*~*~

Now that the plan had been completed and was a success, Ruggie ran over to the Spelldrive field in Savanaclaw where his boss was waiting for him.

"*Pant*... *Pant*... Leona, I did it! Did you see the broadcast?" Ruggie desperately asked his boss as he was leaned over with his hands on his knees. Sure, Azul's potion had allowed him to use his Signature Spell at immense levels, but it heavily exhausted him.

The Savanaclaw Housewarden, looking down at his server with crossed arms, nodded once. "Yeah. That was nice work, Ruggie. So long, Malleus. This year, the throne is mine." "Long live the king! Shyeheehee!" Ruggie loudly cheered with a chuckle, and the Savanaclaw students surrounding them joined in. "Long live the king! Hooray--!"

"Alright, cut the shit everyone." the sharp spat of a female silenced the Savanaclaw students immediately. "I believe we've heard enough." A light, male voice filled with sternness added onto the girl's.

Leona, Ruggie, and the other students all bolted around in utter confusion, shocked to find Riddle and Regan standing there side-by-side, arms both crossed and eyebrows furrowed. This duo was mad. And alongside the couple stood Jack, Ace, Deuce, Yuu, and Grim, also not happy.

Letting out a growl underneath his breath, Leona firmly crossed his arms once again and a cocky grin on his face. "Well, well, if it isn't the Heartslabyul kids. And is that Jack? You transfer to Heartslabyul on us, frosh?"