Chapter 16: Our Chance At Revenge ;)

In the midst of the freshmen trying to stop Savanaclaw's Housewarden themselves, Riddle let out a soft growl from his gritted teeth. He didn't simply want to sit back and watch the freshmen stop this scoundrel without him.

"Cater." Riddle called for his friend, who was fanning himself with his hand. The ginger turned to his Housewarden as he fanned himself... only to have Regan's body shoved into his with a yelp. She quickly wrapped her arms around Cater's neck, and the ginger instinctively wrapped his own arms around the girl's torso as he shot a confused look at Riddle. But said look went unnoticed by the red head, who was already stomping over to his fellow Housewarden.

"If you have that much power, why do this?!" Riddle spat at Leona, teeth grinding against one another. The grumpy cat simply smirked cockily at the short boy, "Why?" What do you care, kid? You gonna scold me? Try to talk me down? Don't you get it? Power alone ain't enough to make waves in this world. Look at Ruggie here." He motioned over to the sophomore on the ground, hunched over his knees as his body slowly cracked... his body decaying away. "He's like a muzzled dog. Pathetic, ain't it? Hard not to pity him."

"That's enough!" Jack loudly growled. Fists clenched at his side, he took in a deep breath before opening his mouth. He guess he had no choice. "'Unleash the Beast!'"

All of a sudden, white sparkles shone brightly through the sandy air, mainly surrounding Jack. And once they settled down...

"What just—!?" Riddle had gasped but then everyone's jaws feel when Jack emerged from the magic sparkles as a white wolf, howling loudly.

"He... transformed?!" the prefect freaked, just as shocked as the people who could use magic.

"Whoa, what just— Gah!" Leona grunted a gasp when Jack lunged at him, catching his heavily off guard. "He broke Leona's concentration! 'Off With Your Head!'" Riddle quickly declared and with a swing of his arm, Leona was collared. The overgrown cat growled in pain... as the sand faded away and the air was once again clear.

Ruggie let out a large, sharp gasp and took in a deep breath of air before erupting into coughs. 

Now that the air was once again breathable, Cater let go of Regan from his embrace and the girl quickly scanned her surroundings. And when she spotted Ruggie struggling to stand up off the ground, she rushed over to him.

"You okay, Ruggie?" she crouched down to the hyena-boy who was still coughing obsessively. Ruggie glanced up at the tall girl before him, feeling his heart skip a beat. Regan placed her hands on his shoulders and helped him stand up, the boy grabbing the sides of her sleeves as she helped him up. "T-Thanks, Regan..." Ruggie mumbled through a deep breath, and she nodded.

"That was beautiful, Riddle! You stopped Leona's magic cold!" Cater complimented his friend with a bright smile. Deuce sternly nodded, "And he let go of Ruggie! This way, quickly!"

Silver turned to his good friend with a stern look in his blue-purple eyes, "Sebek, let's get the wounded somewhere safe." "Do not presume to order me around, Silver!" the croc huffed with hands forced onto his hips. But Silver didn't really mind. He's been used to Sebek's antics for years.

"No... NO! You can't collar a lion!" The Savanaclaw Housewarden, with his head lowered, growled loudly before his hateful gaze locked with Jack's, "And Jack! How did you... Transformation potions are forbidden! Where did you get that?"

"I didn't use a potion--" Jack growled a response with his hands shoved onto his hips, "--That's my signature spell. With it I can transform myself into a wolf." "Ha!" Leona just snarked a chuckle in response, finding his words utterly ridiculous all though they were true. "What's that saying? 'Every dog has his day'? Well I guess you had yours!"