Chapter 8: Make-Up

"All hail our leader and his significant other, the red sovereign and the kind lady themselves... Housewarden Riddle and Ms. Regan!" the announcement rang throughout the gardens, and the two teens entered the unbirthday party, hands interlocked.

"We salute you, Housewarden Riddle and Ms. Regan!" the students all yelled simultaneously, their voices booming exponentially.

"Hmm." Riddle thought out loud to himself as he examined the place, "The garden roses are red, the tablecloths are white... This seems a proper unbirthday indeed. Is there a dormouse asleep in the teapo—"

Riddle accidentally cut himself off when he looked over to his fiancée, eyes locked directly with his since they were the same height in their dorm uniforms. All she did was smile softly, and he smiled cheekily, shaking his head. "Er, well, I suppose it's fine either way."

"Not everything has to change completely, you know." Trey spoke up with his usual grin, Cater dawning a chillaxed smile next to him. "Like, maybe spread the jam on your scones, instead of on the dormouse this time? Let's try to set the bar at 'it's great if it's this way,' not 'it absolutely has to be this way'." Riddle nodded with a hum to his childhood friend, "Yes, that makes sense."

"I'm proud of you, tart." Regan leaned into her betrothed's ear and whispered ever-so softly, only him hearing her gentle words... and also Trey, which she didn't intend for. He couldn't help but softly smile. Meanwhile, Riddle's cheeks tinted pink, glancing away from feeling flustered.

Ace groaned a sigh as he forced a hand onto his hip, "I can't believe we got roped into cleaning up and prepping the garden again." "Well, at least the Housewarden recovered from his overblot without any complications." Deuce shrugged, honestly content with the situation since it was MUCH better than the shit-show they had previously just went through.

"And the garden is Magicam-worthy once again!" Cater happily giggled as he opened the camera app on his phone and held it out in Regan's direction, trying to get a shot with the best angle with her in it. "Smile, girl! Hashtag #nofilter on this gorgeousness!"

"If I take the photo, then we eat right away." Regan said with a bright smile on her face and a peace sign. With a click, the ginger smiled contently; He got the perfect picture with Regan in front of the unbirthday party and rose bushes. However, what they hadn't noticed was the unpainted rose behind her peace sign...

"Then eat we shall, RayRay! I'll get the—" "Wait a minute!" Riddle sternly cut off Cater, who mumbled a, "Huh?" in response.

Riddle pointed a straight finger over to one of the bushes behind his lover, "There's a white rose...!"

"We missed one?!" Ace freaked, along with the ginger who was oh-so happy a second ago. "Ace, Deuce, I told you to make sure to paint EVERY rose!" Cater exclaimed in a panic. "Wait, this is our fault?!" Deuce fired back, pure shock on his and Ace's faces.

"R-Riddle, listen..." Trey nervously begged his good friend. "Please, try to understand..." the prefect added.

Riddle now glanced over to Regan, who was looking at him with pure nervousness. She was giggling nervously, scared of what this could entail. Not again, please not again... she thought to herself.

The Housewarden crossed his arms, a low hum escaping his lips. "Well... I suppose I can overlook one or two missed roses."

"R-Really?!" Regan and Cater both gasped, both of them covering their mouths with their hands. "That's so generous of you, Riddle!" the ginger added, leaning onto Regan with a big ol' smile.

Riddle nodded, "If we work together, we should be able to get them painted in no time."

"What?? They still gotta be painted?!" Ace gasped, not having expected that after the miracle that had just occurred. "Even so... I'm impressed." Trey smiled his close friend's way, "You've changed, Riddle."