Chapter 17: That Boy Too Shy

I love this art of our second hubbies so fucking much holy shit 😍❤️

"*Yaaaaawn*..."

A loud yawn left the lips of the tall girl walking through the paths within the Botanical Gardens. Regan stretched her arms out to the ceiling, her eyes shut due to the sun now being shone directly into her eyes.

Every Monday, she always had to get up very early to tend to the Botanical Gardens before school started, Headmage's orders. And to say she hated it was an understatement.

She would always stay up late on Sunday's, so getting up this early on Monday's was hard. She was getting up when Riddle awoke to start his day by ironing his clothes, drinking his tea, and reviewing his and his dormmates' homework. And if she was getting up when Riddle got up, that meant she had to get up early.

But there was nothing she could do. She just had to suck it up and follow the Headmage's orders. After all, he was the one who gave her the privilege to live at NRC alongside her fiancé, so she really had no place to complain--

Suddenly, a loud banging noise came from the entrance door to the Gardens. Regan raised an eyebrow, wondering who the actual fuck was knocking so god damn loudly on the door this early in the morning.

As she approached the door, she could make out a large mop of moving, blue hair from the other side and she immediately rubbed her eyes. Maybe she was seeing things--?! There was no possible way it could be him--

"H-Hey, Regan..." Low and behold, there stood Ignihyde's Housewarden, holding a large basket of lilies in his incredibly pale hands.

"Idia??" Regan's jaw almost dropped to the floor, eyes widened as she stared at the small, yellow eyes belonging to the gamer. She had to take a step back and recollect herself from the shock, "Wow-- I didn't even know you could physically exist at this time of day." "IKR..." Idia grumbled as he glanced away from the girl.

"So what are you doing here?" Regan placed a hand on her hip with a tilt of her head, very eager to hear why he was here so early in the morning. Idia hesitantly walked into the Gardens, his hands gripping the basket shaking tremendously. And just as Regan shut the door behind him did Idia shove the basket of flowers into her chest. The girl quickly caught it in her hands before it could crash against the floor, and her eyes snapped up to Idia.

"W-What is this--??" "Flowers. Lilies, specifically." Idia grumbled, holding his arm in his hand as he looked anywhere else but Regan's gaze. The girl could only tilt her head in bewilderment, beyond confused. "Yeah, I can see that-- Why?"

"I-I..." Idia struggled to respond, grasping for straws at what he could say. "I, uh... they reminded me of your eyes, so I brought them to put here...?"

... What.

Regan stared at the boy in complete and utter confusion just before pointing a finger up to her left eye, "But my eyes are an amethyst colour not lily..."

Idia's face instantly boiled red, and his eyes widened drastically. He was never good with details and when Ortho told him to get 'purple flowers' he just assumed ANY flower would've been fine--

"W-Whatever..." Idia growled under his breath with furrowed eyebrows, pouting like an upset child that just lost an argument.

Recently, Ignihyde's Housewarden has been more 'friendlier' with the Heartslabyul girl. He's been giving her gifts often, such as anime and game-related merch and trinkets. And whenever she would ask why he was giving it to her, he would always make up some dumb excuse like, "I-I saw it and thought i-it'd go nice with your collection..." or "I-I got it for free a-and wanted to give it to y-you..." or something like, "D-Does it matter--?! Just take it!!". The list of excuses he's made at this point is endless.