Chapter 3

I woke up early to have breakfast with my dad. After the party, to days ago, I got a chance to have meal with my dad again.

"You woke up early?" He greeted when I entered the dining area.

"Yeah, I just missed you. I didn't see you often lately."

"I'm sorry. I'm really busy with various projects. I'm felt guilty now, I couldn't make some time for you sweetie."

"It's okey, I understand dad."

"Uhm, what's your plan for today?" he asked to change the topic.

I laughed gently. "As if your interested about it."

"Lake Xander Domiguez!"

I really laughed loud after hearing him. "It's been a while since you called me in that name. I miss hearing this to you dad." Then, I kiss him in the forehead because of overwhelm. "I planning to go in the orphanage today, to check some papers there, then in the evening I hangout with my friends."

"How about visiting your husband?" he asked directly.

I looked at him seriously, I know he just teasing me by asking that. "I don't have any plan about that."

"Come on, when will you two plan to fix your marriage?"

"Dad, it's just a piece of paper. More likely a business contract to you." I said sarcastic.

"Lake, the fact, that you two are married now. Why dont you just embraced it."

"As if I am the only one involve in this. I can't decide just like that."

"I know you like him." he said surely.

"Dad!" there's a warning in my tone.

"You just scared to risk." he said.

"Please, spared me dad." I just shake my head and finish my food instead. I can't argue with him, definitely I never win to this oldman.

After the breakfast I went to orphanage to see my children.

"Mr Lake, is nice to see you again. How have you been?"

"I'm doing good Steffi. How's everything here?" She's one of my staff in the orphanage.

"Sir everything was accordingly. Your children behave well and they misses you so much. They keep asking about you." She said smiling.

"Really?! I missed them also. I play with them after I finish my work here." I said excited.

"Sir, last week, someone looking for you. He said there's something he want to discuss with you." she reported.

"About what? Do you know him?"

"No. But he looks familiar. He never told me what he want maybe he plan to donate."

"Did he leave a number?"

"No, Sir. But he said he will come back."

"Okey. Let me know if he cameback."

"Yes, Sir." She leaved me so I can work. Since I was on a vacation for few months, my work at the orphanage overlapped.

This orphanage is originally run by my mom and name it by me "The home of Lake". When my mom died, my dad wanted to close it but I refused and take the full responsibility to it. Everything was not easy for me then, because I'm currently studying in college that time, I had to split my time between school and orphanage.

Suddenly I heard a knock in the door and a pretty teenage girl entered.

"Papa are you busy?" It's Hannah. One of my children in orphanage. She's now in middle school, sponsored by our company.

I smile. "I'll make time for you sweety, come in. What it is?"

"Papa, Can you to sign my school report card, please. I have to return this in school tomorrow."

"Sure, let me see it." She politely give me the card.

"You really good sweety. You studied well." I commented.

"Thanks to you Papa. You are my inspiration." she said proudly.

"No, thanks to you Hannah for study hard and making me proud." As respond to me, she embrace me tight.

"I love you Papa. You're only I have."

"I love you too sweety." We startled when everyone came in.

"We too, we love you papa!"

I can't help my tears build in my eyes. They're one of the reason why I keep moving in my life.