Chapter 5

After we came back from the 'vacation' . I stayed at my parents house and same with Rulden, he also stayed in his parents house.

Four months later, Rulden parents died in an accident. After the funeral, my parents told me to accompany Rulden. Rulden didn't refused about it. Even I'm not agree in it, I was forced to move in with him. We had to live together in his condo.

His condo is big enough to have our separate room. We remained oblivious. We do not talk to each other. We eat separately. He concentrate with his business. And I'm busy with my school. That's our life goes on.

A year after my mom also died because of heart failure. It was not easy for me then. I got depressed and spend my time alone. That's the time Rulden started to care for me. He tried to talk to me and comfort me. He always forced me to eat a meal with him. He even help me with my studies. He showed concern until we felt comfortable with each other.

"Why so kind to me?" one day I asked him while having dinner.

"Because your my wife." He teased.

"Stop that! I'm not your wife."

"You are. We're married remember?" he continue.

"For pity sake, I'm a man I can't be your wife."

"It doesn't matter." Then he laugh.

Those laugh make my heart always flustered. As the days goes by the awkwardness between us melted and we used to live together.

I was excited that day to surprise Rulden. I cooked his favorite food for our dinner while waiting for him to come home. Lately, he look exhausted with his work. I just want to comfort him with food.

Time past fast, but there's no Rulden came. It's so rear for him to go home late. I started to feel uneasy. I decided to pick my phone to call him but someone suddenly open the door.

"Your ho-home..." its Rulden with someone. The woman startled when she sees me.

"Ugh! who is he sweetheart?" she asked and looked Rulden.

"W-who.. Ahhh.. H-his.. hisss myyyy... b-brother." Rulden said in drunk voice. The woman smiled. "Hello, I'm Lorry his girlfriend."

I was stunned for a while. I'm too shocked to know Rulden has a girlfriend.

"G-girlfriend?" I looked Rulden but he seem so drunk to answer.

"Yes, I am. What's your name?" she asked.

"L-Lake."

"Nice to meet you Lake. By the way, can you help me here?Rulden is too heavy."

I helped her even Im feeling irritated about it. They stayed in that room for a long time. I felt uneasy and couldn't sleep. I even forgot to eat dinner. I keep asking myself why Rulden have a girlfriend? Am I his husband? Though it's just a contract, but I'm still right? Is this considered cheating?

I stood up my bed and decided to pick my phone and my wallet. I need to get out of this house before I suffocated myself. After an hour I found myself in a bar own by my friend Laine.

"Lake, why are you here? I thought you're having dinner with your so called husband." Laine said when he saw me sitting in the wine bar. I didn't answered him. I just keep drinking my wine. He sit beside me when he didn't get answer.

"Tell me, what's the problem?" he asked.

I still keep silent while my head down. He hold my chin to forced me to look at him. "L-Lake, why are you crying?" He said concerned.

"Laine...he cheated on me. He brought a woman in our house. He cheated on me..." I bursted out.

Laine just listened to me. He let me drunk until I passed out that night.

The light from the sun, wakes me up. I rise up and sitted still on the bed. The room is unfamiliar to me. Where am I? Suddenly, a strike of pain hit. Shit! my head. It's hurt so much. I looked around until a note catched my attention.

'Your breakfast is ready in the kitchen, eat it. Stay as you want. Call me if you need something.'
Laine.

I picked my phone to see the time. I saw Rulden missed call and messages. He's been calling me since last night. Im about to put down my phone when suddenly the phone ringing. Its Rulden. I just ignored it. I went to bathroom to fix myself.
Oh shit! My eyes are swollen. I cursed when I saw my face in the mirror.