Chapter 22

"What's that face for, dad?" I asked when I finished preparing the dinner.

"I just wondered if you really can cook?"

"Dad!" I protest.

"I never thought I can see you in apron, while I just remembered how you hated going to kitchen."

"Dad, I made an effort to learned because I want to cook for Rulden."

"Its good to know that I'm the reason sweetheart." Rulden interrupted.

"And who would be?" I said in very sweet way.

"Ehm! I'm still here." Dad said.

Rulden and I just both laughed.

"I'm glad seeing you two like this. This is all I wish for, being happy."

"Thank you dad for helping me with your spoiled brat son. I can't go this far without your support." Rulden said seriously.

"No. I'm the one who's grateful, for not giving up your husband. I know he is too stubborn."

"Wait, wait, wait, why do I feel like I'm the one who only at fault here?" I protest.

"Of course not sweetheart, I also have fault. I'm really sorry." Rulden said sincerely.

"Its over now, you learned your lesson and never look back the saddess past." dad said.

"I'm looking forward for our future dad. I promise you, I won't let go of Lake again, not even a single time."

"Well, I trusted you Mr Lenarez." my dad said smiling to Rulden.

"Can we have dinner now, my tummy is already on war right now." I said to change the topic.

"Yes, yes, let's eat and judge what Lake cook for us." Dad said laughing.

Few more minutes, we found ourselves enjoying our dinner.

After the dinner Rulden and I decided to have a little walk.

"I often went to this house but I never thought it is this huge."

"Because no one can tour you before."

"Why didn't you insisted?"

"Oh come on, you always look so cold, how can I have a guts to approach you?"

"But if you tried before, I'm sure I can't reject you."

"Uh? What do you mean?"

"Sweetheart, I told you already, I have soft feelings for you since you are young. I'm just afraid to entertain it."

"So that's the reason why you don't protested about the contract."

"Exactly."

"We wasted so much time... If we choose to talk about it... Maybe..."

Rulden pull me closer to him to hug. "Don't be sorry sweetheart , as dad said we learned from it. So we need to be live happily now."

I look at him and smile. "I'm happy to have you, Rulden."

"Me too sweetheart. I'm contented to be with you. I love you."

"I love you too... so much..."

"So when will you gonna plan to marry me again?" Rulden suddenly asked.

"W-what?!" I nervously asked back.

"I want to see your face while walking in the aisle."

"But we already married..."

"We can have our church wedding sweetheart..."

"Rulden..."

"This time I don't want to see your poker face while wearing your wedding suit."

I softly laugh. " Then buy me my engagement ring soon..."

Rulden stunned for a moment then suddenly grab my face to give me a kiss.

End.