Prologue

✧Author's POV✧

Luna and Marinette are twins, not identical. But one could tell that they were sisters by looking at them. They both were very similar but so different at the same time. They both were mostly similar physically but their mentality was far from similar.

Marinette is a cheerful and bubbly girl whereas You a total badass and silent. Marinette liked stitching and designing while You went to gym and martial-arts classes along with fencing, cooking and shooting classes.

They got along pretty well in their childhood but as they grew up, marinette couldn't help but to be jealous of her 2 minute older sister. Why? Because luna was simply perfect at everything she did and was capable of surviving alone at the age of 10 whereas marinette was as clumsier as ever.

Luna only have 3 friends in their class, her seatmate and the two ahead of her bench. She was never into friendships and love like marinette. Marinette was friendly and welcoming whereas for Luna, Her poker face was her signature style. She knew the answer to every question the teacher asked and it's not like marinette was dumb but luna was always a step ahead of her.

Marinette always got 80-90% but luna was constant on her 95-99%. Luna never celebrated anything, she felt it all was just useless except mother's, father's day and teacher's day. The only festival she liked other than those was Christmas. Mainly because it was in the winter. She loved winter cause it was also cold outside with lonely roads and just snow everywhere.

Marinette hated her and would always argue with her but luna either kept quiet or replied shortly but most of the times, she let marinette blame everything on her. Not like she cared. She was her little sister, it was her right. That's how she thought about her.

But one day, when these two were coming home late, luna spoke surprising marinette. They were 15 at that time when luna expressed her true feelings to someone for the first time, her twin sister.

"Marinette, I love a boy. I think I'd confess to him tomorrow. Do you think I should dress up girlish?" Luna asked while blushing slightly and marinette was in awe seeing her this side for the very first time. Marinette stopped making luna halt on her steps and looked in her excited bluebell eyes.

"who's the lucky guy?" Marinette spoke sounding more excited than luna. Luna chuckled and ruffled marinette's hair before replying while staring into her eyes to see her reaction.

"The idiot, Kim." Luna was surprised to see the spark gone from marinette's eyes and it was replaced by sadness, anger and frustration. Luna was however confused but more shocked and hurt when marinette pushed her hand away from her head.

Just when luna thought the relationship with her sister was mending, marinette spoke something shattering her feelings once again.

"I also love him, luna." Luna was so shocked that she couldn't understand anything. Her eyes widened a little and mouth gaped but she couldn't ignore that it was the first time when marinette called her by her name instead of using big sis or the nicknames she gives her even when she's angered.

"It's okay." Luna whispered still looking at marinette who looked taken aback by her response and her a confused yet angry look before asking, "what does that even mean?" Luna forced a smile on her face and looked ahead before speaking.

"It's okay. I will leave him alone for you." And with that she continued walking but her heart was shattering into pieces within yourself. She couldn't even tell anyone about it because she don't want to be seen as the ideal sister or whatever they say. Maybe for marinette to not hate her anymore.