Heart Wrecker

✧Luna's POV✧

"I am very sorry about marinette's behaviour back there, Luka. She is a nice girl and she must be upset about something that's why she spoke all of that. Please don't take her behaviour to heart." I explained as i bit my bottom lip.

Marinette's behaviour didn't deserve any justification and I hate to justify it but it's also true that she doesn't have any enmity with Luka. I then looked at Luka who just stared at me with hurt and sadness lacing his eyes. He took my hands in his and breathed out.

"Look at me and say that again." He said I gasped slightly. I know I am a great lier but i can't lie looking into anyone's eyes. I knew marinette did mean it in a wrong way about me.

"You don't need to clear up behind her every time, Luna. Marinette is now grown up enough to understand what is wrong and what is right." He said softly as he left my hands and looked down himself.

"But she really didn't mean to hurt you-" i tried telling him but he cut me off in between. "I'm not upset about her saying bad things about me, Luna. I never take her harsh words to my heart. It's you. You... Y-you just..."

He trails off and sighs before looking away and doesn't notice me stiffening beside him. Thousands of negative thoughts clouded my mind. Thinking of every possibility of me making him sad and hurt pained my heart physically. I looked at him who was just fidgeting nervously at his place, i felt guilty for making him feel like that.

I don't know why but I felt anxious and paranoid. Too scared to listen to his next words, i decided to just leave. And that's what I did. I silently left from there not even letting him know I wasn't there, I left. I felt so panicked but i couldn't pin point why. I saw an alley on the way and went into it so that no one would notice me.

I took out a pill and my water bottle from my bag that I always carry in case of emergencies like these. Suddenly every negative thought started crossing my head again.

I can't hurt another person. I'm hurting my parents by being a burden on them. I'm hurting my twin sister by snatching everything she loves unintentionally and now even my friends. Everyone who stays with me gets hurt. They are meant to be hurt just because they are with me. No no no. Stop. Stop, Luna. Please. I can't think like this. I shouldn't think like this. I-it's not true. It's- is it really?

I-i can't breathe. Was the last thought in my head before I fell on my knees and clutched my heart tightly and tried thinking of something more sensible. More better. Something beautiful and I remember none. Everything that I tried to bloom beautifully once, ended up dead.

My surroundings were blurry and no sounds were falling on my ears anymore. Suddenly I felt a cold sensation of a drop of water on my palm. Followed by several others. It was raining. I hated rain. More than anything. And my current condition wasn't helping either.

That's it. I'm done. But I can't pass out here. Please no. Suddenly all of my senses came back as I felt two warm hands pulling me into a warm chest. My mind and body felt fuzzy and I snuggled closer to the warmth of the person not caring who it was until I heard his voice. The voice of the person who was the half reason of my condition right now.

"Calm down. Shush. Don't worry. Breathe. You need to breathe. I'm here." Luka said in a gentle and comforting manner. Only the sound of our breathing was audible as I clutched his hoodie tightly and attempted to breathe again.

Slowly and gradually as he told me, I took in deep breaths and soon calmed down but my body felt all drained out. And then, Something that I never wanted to escape my heart was already on my lips and came out in a desperate whisper. "Please don't leave me."