Chapter 1 - Some individual conflicts

Back at the clubhouse............

The reception for the Valentine's Day wedding continued on until well after midnight since it was also Valentine's Day. All of the couples stayed up dancing and partying for quite a while after the two sets of newlywed couples had left, except for Wolf and Hope. They were leaving for Virginia first thing in the morning and wanted to be well rested.

Helen and Carter had taken Diana with them after dinner was over so that the adults could enjoy themselves and the children would not be exposed to anything they shouldn't see. Ace, for one, was a very happy biker about that!

Doc and Melinda had started helping Robbie with physical therapy but so far it was slow going. Robbie was just glad that at least he could move his fingers a little bit which gave him hope that he would get full use of it again someday.

Over the past few weeks, Robbie had taken the chance to get to know some of the prospects a little better by helping out in the bar as much as he could with his hand still in a sling. He tried getting them to tell him about being a prospect. While they had freely told him about the housekeeping side of things, driving people when the ladies needed to go out somewhere and stuff like that but they only hinted at other stuff they had to do.

They were very dodgy about details and kept saying "You need to ask Prez or Spokes or one of the others on the executive staff. For us to tell you could cost us more than a chance at our patch, which I'm not willing to take." Edmond had told him. "But if I were you, I'd wait until tomorrow. Let them enjoy themselves for now."

Robbie was dying of curiosity but took his advice and continued to help out until the pain pill he had taken earlier wore off and his hand began to hurt. He excused himself and headed off to bed thinking that Aunt Dot was right about needing to find out what all was really involved in being involved with the MC before he committed to joining.

But with that thought, he wondered what Aunt Dot would do if he decided against being involved with them. Would she still get together with Ace? If she did, what was going to happen with Diana? Dot had already admitted that the clubhouse was no place for little girls to grow up. Those and about a hundred other questions ran through his mind as he got ready for bed.

He laid in bed thinking about the things he had picked up on since he had been around the clubhouse. Robbie wasn't stupid and he was pretty sure he knew what had happened to Jasper. From the sounds he had heard coming out of the shed one night and then meeting Rick, Robbie was pretty sure that he was filling in the blanks of what the prospects had hinted at but not really stated outright pretty accurately. If he was right, did he really want to be involved with it?

The throbbing in his hand made him wish he could have had something to do with whatever they had done to Jasper as payback. As the pain pill he had taken began to kick in, he settled himself more comfortably and slowly drifted to sleep thinking he would talk to Prez in the morning.

Most of the single men hung out, drinking, shooting pool and throwing darts while the remaining couples sat and visited, danced and drank before all of them went to bed.

For the next few days, things were quiet but on the following Wednesday night, Greggory and Beau were on overnight guard duty and after everything was cleaned up and everyone else had gone to bed, they sat and watched TV and talked.

"So do you think you are going to go for a patch?" Greggory asked Beau.

"Yeah, probably. If not, I'll be homeless and already came too close to that." Beau said, thinking about his parents and where they might be now.

"How did you end up here? If you don't mind me asking?" Greggory asked.

"I woke up one morning to find my parents gone, the house was empty and a note on the kitchen counter saying "You are a man now and you need to learn to fend for yourself." I don't know where they went and to be honest, I don't really care.