Chapter 19 - Tank and Nicole's first date

A/N:  LONG chapter

Prez checked his emails and thankfully there was nothing regarding rescues. Then he got his paperwork ready for the meeting with Leon and Joe. He wanted to talk to them both about the expansion as well as starting on the rescue center. They were going to have to hire outside help for both jobs and Prez had a list of contacts for jobs that they did not have men for.

He looked at the clock on the wall and realized that if he went now, he'd have time for a nap if he could make it upstairs without running into anyone. He looked at the couch in his office and almost decided to crash there but if he got lucky, Amanda would be upstairs. He'd much rather cuddle up with her than alone on the narrow sofa.

He opened his office door and the way looked clear so he quickly pulled the door closed and headed for the stairs but that's as far as he got. Tank stopped him at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey Prez. Question for you?" Tank asked.

Prez sighed then asked. "Sure. What's up?"

Tank looked around to make sure no one was close enough to hear, then asked "What did you do about the man who beat up Nicole?"

"How do you know about her?" Prez asked.

"She came out for some milk last night while I was in the main living room with the guards eating ice cream. I felt like someone had slammed me up against the wall and I couldn't get my breath at first. But anyway, we talked and she told me what happened with him and how her husband died and I told her about Tina.

Nicole has agreed to let me take her out on a date. Do you know how long it's been since I took a woman out anywhere? Where do you take dates in this town?" Tank started rapid firing questions at Prez, whose smile was getting bigger and bigger with each question.

"Hahahaha! Wow, it sure didn't take you long, did it? Well, first of all, we gave him an attitude adjustment and explained that if we heard another peep out of him or he came within 100 yards of Nicole or her kids again, next time we wouldn't be so nice. Let us find out he has ever lifted his hands to a woman or child again and the inside of the shed would be the last thing he ever sees. Mr. Tough guy pissed himself when Wolf growled at him and I thought he was going to have a heart attack when he spotted Thor. We made him walk home, just to give him time to think." Prez told him.

As far as places to date, if you go outside of Winchester, which you will have to do if you want good places to eat for dinner, then you have to double with someone or take a couple of prospects as guards. We've had too much trouble there with Vipers and Satan's Riders and while we have them cleaned out of Winchester, Lexington is too far away and too big for us to monitor them.

Ace and his woman nearly got trapped in the mall one day because he went against orders and took her shopping alone. He was carrying a gun but we don't pull our weapons in public and you can't carry for a while. You may be a big man but being big won't stop a bullet.

Now if you want to take her somewhere nice with good food for lunch, there is our diner in town but personally I prefer Blues. They do an excellent lunch buffet or you can order from the menu, which is just as good, if you don't like buffet foods. Nicole has been here long enough to know where it is. Are you going to claim her?" Prez asked.

"I'd like to but I don't want to rush her. I just want to get to know her and hopefully her kids. Man, I hope they like me." Tank said. He knew that if her kids didn't like him, then she wouldn't have anything to do with him.

"I don't think that will be a problem. By the way, I meant to ask you what your talents are? I need to assign you work." Prez asked.

"I'm a metalsmith. That's how I got my name. I create custom gas tanks or anything you want done in any type of metal. Did you see the gas tank on my bike? I made that from scratch." Tank said proudly. "I'm also a decent welder."