Chapter 2 - Jasmine & Snoop

Prez talked to Doc about Jasmine "So what do we know about this girl?"

"I can only tell you about her medical issues. She's very quiet and rather shy and naturally scared out of her mind right now. I will tell you this, not all of her injuries are recent. If I guess at her age, I'd say late teens, maybe very early twenties. She didn't talk much other than to tell us her name and asked about a shower. Melinda let her bathe, got her some clothes and something to eat and then took her to one of the rescue rooms." Doc told him just before Melinda came back into the infirmary.

Prez turned and looked at her. "Melinda? Did she tell you anything?"

"No. Right now, she's just exhausted and scared. Give her a chance to get some sleep before you try to question her. I told her that you would be wanting to talk to her later." Melinda said, deciding to keep her suspicions to herself for the time being.

"Okay. Well, we've got the two who did this to her in the shed. I guess they can stay there until we have a chance to find out what is going on." Prez said and started to leave the room.

"Prez? Can I talk to you about something else?" Doc asked.

"Sure, Doc. Anytime." Prez said but had a feeling he was not going to like this.

"You know that normally I don't interfere with how you and the guys run things but Snoop and his team need some training on dealing with these victims. Snoop had charge of her and he left her unattended while he went to see what was going on outside.

She passed out while he was gone and I'm just guessing that she was already either leaning against the wall or standing close enough to it that she just fell against it and slid down to a sitting position. If she had been standing away from the wall, she could have struck her head on something going down or the concrete floor.

This is not the first time he has done something like that. Remember that girl that came in the day after Hope got here? The one that had all the skin whipped off of her feet? Snoop made her walk in instead of carrying her the way he should have done.

He was also the one in charge of Marty Winston but I don't blame him for that one since nobody could have done anything about that. I feel the most guilty because I should have been here to examine her when they came in.

But back to the problem at hand, Snoop seems afraid to make a decision on his own and always turns to either one of the other men or calls you or Spokes. Is there a rule that says the tracker has to be the team leader?" Doc asked.

"No, there's not. We just deemed the tracker the leader because he's usually the first one to go in. But I think you are right that maybe I need to do some restructuring with team 2. In fact, I think I'm going to be adding a team and may split team 2 up some. I just need a third cleaner. That's one of the hardest positions to fill." Prez admitted.

"Well, I'd say instead of naming them 1, 2, 3, maybe give them names. That way you are not ranking them against each other. I don't know if the rumor on the grapevine has hit you yet or not but Stella is bugging Hammer to step down from team 1. She's afraid that something will happen to him and she will end up having to raise her baby alone." Doc said, praying that he wasn't sticking his foot in the fire.

"Oh lord!" Prez just moaned and rubbed his hand over his face. "I wish I had stayed in bed." He thought to himself. "Thanks for the info, Doc." he said before he left the infirmary.

He walked back down the hall to his office and let himself in. He knew he was going to have to do something about what Doc had told him but he hoped it could wait until Wolf got back.