Chapter 11 - Plans get changed

As he sat in the bar after lunch, all Bullet could think about was Mara. He thought they had reached an understanding that first night but he had woken up before her and gone to get coffee and then he had been busy all day. She had been asleep when they came back last night so he'd gone to his own room. When he had gone to her room to get her earlier, she had acted afraid and had jumped when he had tried to hold her.

He had tried to give her a good morning kiss on her cheek but she had turned away. He didn't know what was wrong and felt very confused but respected her by keeping his distance.

Bullet knew he had to talk to her, but what should he say? Should he admit to how confused he was feeling? Declare his undying love for her?

That thought made him stop dead in his tracks. Does he love her? Is this feeling of worrying about her constantly when he's not with her an indication of love? He knew he wanted to hold her. He had never wanted to touch someone as much as he wanted to touch her in his life. He wanted to feel her pressed up against him, to mold her body to his. He wanted to feel her skin against his. To touch every inch of her and to lose himself in her touch.

Holding her in bed that first night had been wonderful and both nights he had dreamt of her and it was more than just a wet dream. He had dreamt of them riding on his bike. Taking her out for a candle light dinner to some place really nice. Of slow dancing with her. Laying under the stars and just talking, making plans for the future and of course, of making love with her.

Not just sex but to really make love to her in a way he had never done with a woman. Doing it the way he had dreamed was so different but he had felt so complete and not just on a physical level.

His normal approach to sex was rather caveman and could be rough at times but with Mara he wanted more. He wanted to taste every inch of her and to revel in not only the feel of her but of her touching him.

He wanted to see her walking down the aisle to him, looking like a dream in a wedding gown with her skirt flared out behind her. He wanted her heavy with his child and imagined them with a couple of kids.

Everytime he thought about her, he felt like he couldn't take a full breath. He was worried that she was going to decide that the biker life was not for her and leave. What would he do if she did?

What does she want? What does she expect of him? Could he be the man of her dreams? She was certainly the woman of his!

He felt bad about how he had acted earlier. He should have gone after her when she ran out of the dining room, not Vie. He just couldn't figure out what had changed overnight.

He had thought that they had agreed for her to be his lady but then yesterday he had been so busy that he hadn't spent much time with her. Now today she was so different. Like she was afraid of him. Had she had a bad dream? Had she felt his morning wood before he woke up yesterday morning and it had scared her? Had she been pretending to be asleep when he had crawled out of bed? He should have stayed in his own room and let her be until she was more comfortable with him. He was kicking himself when Prez came into the bar and then put a beer in front of him.

~~~~~~~

Prez watched him walk out of the dining room and hurried to finish his lunch. He turned to Amanda and she said "Just go. He needs to talk to someone." Prez gave her a quick kiss on the head and said "I love you!"

Then he followed Bullet to the bar. He walked in and saw Bullet sitting at a table near the window, just looking outside. He went behind the bar, grabbed two beers out of the cooler and walked over to the table. He put one of the bottles in front of Bullet and sat down across from him.