Chapter 21 - Tank & Nicole move in together

Together, hand in hand, they walked down the hall and found that the room right next to the one Nicole was already staying in had a key in the door. They looked at each other and Tank asked "Are you sure, Nicole? I don't want you to feel rushed or like I'm pushing you into something you don't want or are not ready for."

Nicole reached out and turned the key and pushed open the door. She stepped inside and said, "You are not doing either. We are coming in here together. Aren't we?"

Tank gave her a big smile then stepped over the threshold and picked her up as he kicked the door closed with the heel of his boot. "Woman, somehow I get the feeling that life with you will never be dull." Tank smiled and then kissed her until they were both breathless.

When they finally came up for air, Nicole felt awful by saying, "I should have gotten something to put on in case the kids wake up and besides, I need a shower after all the dancing we did. I got kind of sweaty."

"Well, we could take a shower together first. We're both kind of unprepared for this. In fact, now that I think about it, I should have asked you before this but are you on birth control?" Tank wished he could have asked her anything else but if she wasn't, it was going to be almost painful and they were going to have to call a full halt to this because he didn't have any condoms, even in his room unless there were ones already there from a previous tenant. With his luck, they would have needed small ones or they would be so old that they would break before he got it on. Did he dare try the pull out method? If left up to him, he would be willing to try, just to be able to be with her tonight.

"Yes. It's for more than just birth control. It helps with cramps during my cycle and to keep me regular." Nicole said.

"Whew! Good. I'll tell you what. We can bathe together and afterwards, I'll go find you one of those dresses they give the women who come in with nothing. And I'll run upstairs and get me a change of clothes, just in case and we'll worry about the rest tomorrow. Okay?" He said, then kissed her before she could come up with an argument.

Nicole gave up trying to come up with excuses to delay this as he made her feel so lightheaded that she could barely even think of anything more than how much she wanted to be with this man.

Tank wasn't really sure how they got there because he didn't remember walking there as he carried her into the bathroom but suddenly the vanity was right behind her. He sat her down and then reached into turn on the water to warm. When he turned back to her, she had already pulled off her top and only had a lace bra on.

Tank felt like someone had just stuffed a fist or something down his throat because he didn't seem to be able to even swallow his own saliva. His eyes got huge and his mouth worked open and closed as he tried to speak but couldn't find the words to describe how she looked. Magnificent was the word that popped into his mind. But "Wow!" was the only thing he was finally able to breathe out as he reached for her.

"I showed you mine, now show me yours?" Nicole teased as she reached for his t-shirt and began to tug on it. Tank nearly ripped his t-shirt as he pulled it free from the waistband of his pants and whipped it over his head.

When he looked down at her again, her eyes were huge and he grinned at her. When she licked her lips, Tank reached out and pulled her close. He wasn't sure but he thought he heard her whisper , "Nicole, girl. What did you get yourself into now?"

He felt her heartbeat through his hands on her back and a slight shiver and he realized he needed to slow down a bit when he caught their reflection in the mirror behind her. She was so tiny compared to him. If he wasn't careful, he could easily hurt her without meaning to.