Chapter 22 - Tank proposes and new prospects

Over the course of the next couple of weeks, everyone seemed to settle into a routine that quickly became the norm for them all. The weather was warming up and while there were several rainy days, they managed to get some ground work done for not only the new apartment complex but Tank started to get his shed set up.

Prez had allowed him to order a kit online that would suit his needs perfectly, it meant that it would only take Tank and one other person to put it up once the concrete pad was poured and dry.

They selected the site, poured the pad and two days later the kit showed up. It took two days for Tank and Beau to get it set up and another day for Tank to make the work tables and shelves that he would need. He ordered supplies to be delivered and in less than a week he was ready for business.

After Prez and others within the club saw the gas tank and other customizations Tank had done to his bike, several of the men came asking about having stuff done to theirs.

Tank also began to work on Nicole's ring. He had spent the better part of one morning looking for a local jeweler who would sell him the metal he wanted and he bought the stone, a beautiful 1.5 karat diamond. The jeweler also sold him a premade "cage" to hold the diamond. That would save Tank a lot of time and headaches. It took him three days to make not only her engagement ring but both of their wedding rings. Now he just had to find the courage to ask her to marry him.

One day, after a training session with the prospects, he and Ace were in the gun room and Tank asked Ace "Have you proposed to Dot yet?"

"No. I want to but she's kind of waiting to see if Robbie is going to prospect for the club or not. Robbie's hand is almost healed but we haven't had a rescue that requires the prospects to go to the shed for an attitude adjustment or ending session yet. That will be the make it or break it decision for Robbie, I think. Plus the fact that his hand has not completely healed yet.

I hate that I have to let his decision be the deciding factor but if he decides he's not going to stay with the club then Dot won't stay. She feels obligated to make sure those kids have a home to go to and I can't fault her for that." Ace told him, not knowing that Robbie was standing right outside of the door.

He had been coming to ask Ace for a training session and to help him with choosing a gun since he was fairly sure he wanted to become a prospect for the club. He really wanted to work in their garage and the only way he could do that was if he became a patched member. Without a word, he turned around and left the basement. He had no idea that Ace and Dot's future depended on his decision and that was the final deciding factor that made up his mind for him.

"What are you going to do if he decides not to stay?" Tank asked.

"I love Dot and Diana too, with all of my heart, but I'm a biker for life. I owe Prez and the club more than I can ever repay. Without Prez, I probably would have ended up in a mental asylum. When I first came back from overseas, my PTSD was really bad. I was having episodes almost nightly and sometimes it took a long time for me to let it go. A couple of times, Hammer had to sit on me while Doc sedated me.

Since I've been with Dot, I haven't had one full blown episode. A few minor ones when we first got together but she just has to touch me and I snap right out of it and manage to keep it under control. I guess you could say that I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place on knowing what to do." Ace told him.

Tank showed Ace the ring he had made for Nicole and Ace was duly impressed. "Wow, dude! That is really nice. You made that?"

"Yeah. I wanted something that no one else could ever have because I didn't buy it, I made it. I don't normally work with such small pieces but I have to say that this was definitely a labor of love to make this. It definitely gave me more respect for jewelers who do this kind of thing all the time." Tank told him.