Chapter 15 - Welcome to new members

After Prez told Snoop to bring the newcomers to his office, he went to check his email and to look online to see if there was any news about Hank's Hangout being blown up last night. He clicked on the link for the news channel and while he waited for the newcomers he watched the report about it being blown up and there being no suspects in the case.

"There are 22 semi-trailers parked in the lot next door but no drivers. There are 8 private vehicles in the parking lot. There were 3 vehicles, one in front and two in the back that were almost completely destroyed when they caught fire and their gas tanks exploded. The bar itself is now just a big hole in the ground.

The reporter went on to say that the remains of the stove showed that the knobs were on and it may be that someone had been trying to light the stove when it exploded.

The fire chief said it looks like the explosion originated from the kitchen area of the bar. The health inspector reported that the kitchen had not passed inspection on their last visit and the owner, Hank Hanover, had been fined and ordered to discontinue food service.

"There is no definite way to tell who was in the bar, except by the vehicle registrations, when it exploded but the state police have been contacted because of the fact that the local sheriff's car was parked in the lot. Why he was here alone is currently unknown." The reporter said. "This is..............." Prez clicked off and thought to himself, "Smart move, Guardian. Leaving the truck in neutral." The picture on the news report showed Larry's truck appeared to be several feet from the front door, not blocking the doorway. The force of the blast had pushed it away from the doors instead of blocking them.

Just then someone knocked at his door.

"Come in." He called out and Snoop led the newcomers inside.

As they entered his office, Prez told them. "Come on over to the table and have a seat." Prez picked up a legal pad and walked over to his place at the table and after all of the women were seated, he and Bubba sat down. Prez was glad to see that Bubba seemed to be a gentleman.

"Did you enjoy your breakfast?" Prez asked, hoping to put them somewhat at ease since they all seemed rather tense.

"Yes sir, it was very good." Bubba said. He was a very soft spoken man and obviously well mannered.

"Good. I'm sure you are wondering what it is that I want to talk to you about. Well, I do want to hear all of your stories but first of all I want to tell you what we do here." Prez told them and then explained what it is that the club and its members do.

"Now we will not kick you out but I need to know if you have somewhere to go? If you women are claimed by a club brother, then you will be welcomed into the family. We provide you with a cut, which is the vest you see us all wear. Your men, if you have them, will explain about them more later on. We provide all the rescue's with two changes of clothes and Doc will attend to your medical needs at no charge.

If you decide to stay once claimed by a brother, we also provide your room and board, your medical insurance and all medical related expenses including your lady visits with the doctor in town and your time in the hospital if /when you have children or get sick or hurt.

If you have a car, we also pay your car insurance but you are responsible for your own drivers license and car registration in addition to any speeding tickets. That last privilege will be withdrawn if you get too many tickets because even though you pay them, they show up on our insurance reports and affect our premiums.

The other women will be able to tell you more about sharing in household duties, like cleaning and taking care of the house. Like I told you last night, you are not expected to provide sexual favors to anyone but if you are claimed by one of the brothers, let me make it very plain that none of us share our women so if another brother approaches you in an inappropriate way, you have to speak up to a senior member or one of the other women.