Chapter 18 - Tank meets Nicole & Margie gives birth

After everyone had gone to bed that night, Tank discovered that he couldn't sleep. The bed felt so big, as was the room. He got up and went downstairs. He found Beau and Greggory on guard duty in the main living room.

"Hi Tank. I'm Beau and this is Greggory. Is there something you need?" Beau asked.

"Just going to raid the kitchen. Haven't been able to do that for a very long time." Tank grinned at them. "Care to join me?"

Beau and Greggory looked at each other and Greggory said "Go. I'll keep watching but bring me something?"

"Will do." Beau said as he stood up and followed Tank into the kitchen.

Tank and Beau entered the kitchen and Tank headed straight for the freezer. "Do they keep ice cream? Man, it's been years since I've had ice cream." Tank said.

"Yeah, there should be some in there. There's even chocolate sauce. I'll get it." Beau grinned and headed for the pantry.

Tank opened the freezer and found several gallon sized tubs of ice cream and he grabbed two and carried them over to the counter. Together they made three bowls of ice cream. Well two cereal bowls full and one mixing bowl full. Beau laughed at Tank, "I can see a stop at the ice cream shop in my future tomorrow. Hey, we had better make sure we clean up. Andy is very picky about his kitchen being kept clean, just like Butcher was."

"No problem. For someone who cooks as good as that kid does, I'll be glad to follow his kitchen rules. I just couldn't sleep until I had some ice cream. I've been craving things that we weren't allowed in prison and this was one of them." Tank admitted as they rejoined Greggory in the living room.

"I bet one was a woman." Beau said with confidence.

"Yeah. Well, that's not going to happen for me. My woman was killed right before I went to jail. And I'm not interested in being with a woman who will lay down with just anyone. To me, it has to mean something more than just lust." Tank said.

Just then they heard someone call for a prospect and Beau said "I'll go get her. I wonder what's wrong?"

"You have rescue's in the house?" Tank asked.

"Yeah. A woman with a couple of kids. Not sure about how her man died but one of the guys she was working with set her up on a blind date with a friend of his. The guy got pissed when she refused to lay down with him just because he paid for their dinner.

He started stalking her and one night she forgot to lock her front door and he got in. Beat the shit out of her and then went after the kids. The little boy managed to hide his baby sister and grabbed a cordless phone and he called us.

Said he had a paper that Prez gives out at the schools when he does his stranger danger talks to the kids. For being only 6 years old, he's a smart little kid. Cute as a button too just like his little sister and they both look just like their mom." Greggory told him, between bites of ice cream.

When Beau returned with Nicole, Tank's bowl of ice cream was suddenly forgotten when she looked up and their eyes locked as she froze in place. Tank felt like someone had just slammed him against the wall or something. He felt like he couldn't breathe and for a second, he swore his heart had stopped. He could have sworn he heard Tina's voice in his head.

"That's her, Tank. The one I told you about. Love her like you did me, my love. Find your happiness with her and I will be happy for you." Tina's voice urged. "I will always love you Tank but you have a long life ahead of you. It pains me to see you suffer and I can't pass into the light until I know you are taken care of. Now, don't be shy. Go say hello." Tina urged.