Chapter 9 - Planning the take down of Hank's Hangout

Friday was busy with the brothers training or in church. The women wanted to go shopping but instead of going to the store, Amanda oversaw some online shopping. Jasmine and Mara both needed shoes and wanted some loose clothing to wear since they were both still sore. They asked for nightgowns to sleep in so that they weren't wearing the same shift dresses 24 hours a day.

Church consumed most of Friday, planning for the mission on Hanks Hangout. After dinner, Chain and the other brothers who had been selected to go tonight loaded up and left to go to Mt. Steel. 20 minutes later they first drove by Hank's Hangout, checking out how much traffic there was already there. It was surprising to see that the empty lot between the bar and the gas station was almost full. There were at least 20 semi trucks, some with trailers, all neatly lined up in two rows in the previously empty lot next to the bar.

They parked in different areas, but all within sight of the bar, and settled down to watch. They kept in touch via their coms.

"I can't believe that men are showing up with dates! Damn, I wish we could see what is going on inside." Chain said. He was tempted to chance going inside but Prez had given strict orders to just watch the outside. Tonight they needed to see what kind of traffic there was.

So they settled down and watched, making notes of people who were coming to party on a very busy Friday night. All of them were glad to see that the men who went in with women didn't stay for very long and came out with them. Chain overheard one man apologizing to his date as he helped her into the car parked next to them.

"I'm sorry. I've never been here before and had no idea what this place was like. I've just heard that it was a place with good music and lots of action. Degrading a woman like that is not the kind of action I find fun." The man told her as he helped her into their car.

"I feel sorry for those girls working in there. Did you see that guy feeling her up? He actually put his hand in her pants right in front of everyone!" The woman said.

Chain looked at the others in his vehicle and they all knew what he was thinking. "There are too many people here, Chain. Too many innocents that might get hurt. Seeing it now is going to make it that much harder to wait." Digger said. He was riding with them tonight and for once was being the voice of reason. Digger was usually all up for going in guns blazing but tonight he was advising them to wait.

Chain started to tease him about Stephanie making such a change in him but then thought better of it. It was good to see that Digger was finally growing up.

After about 2 1/2 hours, Chain said "I've seen enough of this BS. I'm calling it. Let's head home. We can't tell enough to make a difference from outside."

"Agreed." came back over the coms and soon they were all headed back to the clubhouse. Since it was Friday night, their bar was also busy. Amanda had already gone to bed but Prez was still in the bar. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep until his brothers were home safe and sound.

While everyone else headed right for the bar and ordered shots, Chain motioned for Edmond to send over a beer and he walked over to the executive table. "I was pretty sure you guys would be back fairly early." Prez said. "What did you see?"

"Not much really. It's mostly trucker traffic but there were some local boys too. A few guys showed up with dates but none of them stayed very long. We managed to park next to one car and overheard part of their conversation." Chain reported then repeated what he had overheard the couple saying.

"Prez, it was all I could do to make myself stay in the car when I heard the woman say that. If Digger hadn't made me see that we were outnumbered and of how much harder it would be to wait until Sunday, I would have called you for authorization to go in and get those girls out. I hate that we had to leave them there." Chain said and then necked more than half his bottle of beer. He hadn't even seen any of the women yet but that didn't matter. No woman should be treated like that!